Warm Dog Jumper For Mac

westiemum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just ordered one from Woolies for Woofers. They knit custom fitted woollen jumpers and donate all profits to rescue :) I haven't actually received mine yet so I can't give any feedback on the actual product but they were super helpful with some extra requirements I had plus I love that they donate profits to rescue!

You can find them here:

https://www.facebook.com/Woolies4Woofers

Thanks so much everyone - I hope this fantastic list helps others as well. Woolies4 Woofers is absolutely fantastic as is BabaPooch - thank you both for posting.

Too many to choose from. DOLers are really clever. LGs design wins only because of the neckline - the v-neck is brilliant for Mac after his laryngeal surgery - and he's not allowed anything tight around his neck or high up his neck. Mac is going to absolutely love his new jumpers keeping his old bones warm. thumbsup1.gif (And hopefully helping to keep my huge vet bills at bay for the moment)! laugh.gif).

Thanks everyone - I've bought Mac two jumpers so he has a clean one when the other is in the wash embarrass.gif

He is going to be the proud recipient of a Little Gifts v-neck creation in blue and a basic black number from Hamish McBeth.

And yes I'll post photos when they arrive.

Thanks so much for your help everyone - I spent hours trying to find something online before asking the DOL Brainstrust. And all your suggestions have been brilliant. I just wish I could buy him one of every suggestion!!! But hopefully helps others too.smile.gif

Coming in a little late but another vote for The Wolfs Den here - we use their coats in our boarding kennel and haven't found anything to beat them - we have loads of them in all sizes from toy to giant, they are super hardwearing, wash & dry beautifully, amazingly well made and even dogs who usually get their coats off will keep them on happily. Double layer polar fleece keeps them toasty and I love the fact the zips on the back have a polar fleece cushiony 'flap' underneath them so the zips aren't in direct contact with the dog thumbsup1.gif

Coming in a little late but another vote for The Wolfs Den here - we use their coats in our boarding kennel and haven't found anything to beat them - we have loads of them in all sizes from toy to giant, they are super hardwearing, wash & dry beautifully, amazingly well made and even dogs who usually get their coats off will keep them on happily. Double layer polar fleece keeps them toasty and I love the fact the zips on the back have a polar fleece cushiony 'flap' underneath them so the zips aren't in direct contact with the dog thumbsup1.gif

PF thats an amazing recommendation - thank you so much for posting.

I really like the idea of zips or other fasteners other than velcro - I tend to steer away from garments with velcro closures as it doesn't seem to matter how careful I am but the velcro somehow sticks to their fur!!!

OK - the first of Mac's new garments arrived today - thank you so much Gallomph - and here is Mac modelling his new PJs tonight before bed - and they fit perfectly!! Thank you soooo much for your kindness!!! flower.jpgthanks.gif

I'll take a photo of him in his new jumper tomorrow and post that too.

post-11746-0-28095800-1406638804_thumb.jpg

post-11746-0-88325400-1406638821_thumb.jpg

The other thing I noticed last night is Mac slept like a log - didn't move all night where usually he's a bit restless. (Added bonus was I slept better too)! And he was actually a bit indignant when I woke him up for breakfast! In thinking about it - I think his new Jammie's are such a good fit they work like a thunder- shirt but a bit looser. He was one very well rested happy boy this morning. I've left him this morning in his very smart navy polar fleece which zips up the back from Gallomph - will post a photo tonight. smile.gif