Woolworths Product Recall - Dog Bones Wholegrain

Saw this on a friends FB newsfeed, so thought I'd share it.

Recall of Woolworths Select Dog Bones Wholegrain 1kg

Monday, 21 July 2014: Woolworths is issuing a recall of Select Dog Bones Wholegrain 1kg purchased at any Woolworths and Safeway store nationally from 13th June 2014 with a best before date of 26/11/15.

The product is being recalled because it may contain pieces of string or twine.

If the string is consumed it may pose a food safety risk, with the potential to cause harm to animals including intestinal irritation or intestinal obstruction.

As a precaution consumers should not allow their dogs to eat this product and should return it to their nearest Woolworths or Safeway for a full refund.

Woolworths apologises for any inconvenience caused by this recall. Customers can call the toll-free customer service number for more information on 1800 103 515.

post-6493-0-17239400-1406103189_thumb.jpg

Luckily these biscuits weren't in the plastic container my oldie chewed her way through last week, it was Lucky Dog and IGA biscuits that she filled herself up on. That was a pleasant (not) 24 hours for her, but could have been a lot worse.

Luckily these biscuits weren't in the plastic container my oldie chewed her way through last week, it was Lucky Dog and IGA biscuits that she filled herself up on. That was a pleasant (not) 24 hours for her, but could have been a lot worse.

The plastic container was probably more of a danger than the biscuits possibly containing bits of twine.

Did your oldie get sick from the quantity of biscuits she ate?