Strange But Good Comments

Kajirin

Someone asked me if Hershel (my Aussie pup) was a corgi. I mean what the actual f&@$?

rofl1.gif

You might not get this one because you have a red merle, but Nova is also a Dalmatian. Didn't ya know Australian Shepherds don't exist?

Aussie, some lady got really angry at me because her "Sister breeds those dogs and they are NEVER born without a tail, you chopped it off!!!". Sometimes you just have to smile and nod then walk away!

Alibi, I can just imagine the comments with a griffon! Especially because how many pug x's there are around now.

Everyone asks what he is, but corgi?! Seriously? Lol

I get koolie all the time, collie & border collie. But mostly people ask then go 'oh' then nothing, I think maybe they don't want to admit they've not heard of it. Either that or they like to tell you fun facts about them...yes I know that they're not originally from Australia thank you random stranger :laugh:

Edited by Law

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just yesterday I was walking my three through town while my car was getting new tyres and a guy stopped his car and got out to ask me if they were miniature greyhounds. I said no they are whippets. We then had a lovely chat about his rather enormous gorgeous black and white GAP grey he had in the back of his wagon.

I also gained a new client for the kennels :) I was stopped by someone else who remarked on my exceedingly good looking Whippets, of course I agreed :)

It's a breath of fresh air to see a purebred dog. :)
Yes, there's many people who think that... & say so. Which is nice.Trouble is when you own a less common breed, lots of people assume it's a deliberate mixed breed. Like our Tibetan Spaniels. People make guesses like 'an interesting mix?', 'pekinese crossed with something else small?'.I get a rare thrill.... when someone in the street or wherever, says, 'Tibbie!'. It always turns out that a relative or friend of that person owns one.
My "koolie x" and I know how you feel!I met a lady a few weeks a go who got very excited that I knew her dog was a Murray River Curly. She thanked me for not calling him a labradoodle laugh.gif

I get cattle dog cross mostly with Ivy . One guy flat out told me I'd been ripped off if I thought she was a purebred dog. I find it's rare that someone knows that she's an Aussie (except at trials, etc.)

One strange one that I get is "She's pretty... for an Aussie" Kind of a compliment I think :confused: . Why did you feel the need to add the last part?

Funny thing is that my kelpie is most likely crossed with a cattle dog but to anyone on the street she's just a kelpie.

I get asked all the time what breed Willow is. Stuns me. And If people ask if she's a Rottweiler, it's with an uncertain tone.

Must have short memories. Didn't think the tail changed them that much.

Had a funny conversation with someone. They kept pronouncing it Rott-While--er very pointedly every time I said Rott-vile-er. So every time they pronounced it like that, I had to say it my way.

Don't think there has ever been a conversation where the word Rottweiler has been said so much in such a short space.

Yes, there's many people who think that... & say so. Which is nice.Trouble is when you own a less common breed, lots of people assume it's a deliberate mixed breed. Like our Tibetan Spaniels. People make guesses like 'an interesting mix?', 'pekinese crossed with something else small?'.I get a rare thrill.... when someone in the street or wherever, says, 'Tibbie!'. It always turns out that a relative or friend of that person owns one.
My "koolie x" and I know how you feel!I met a lady a few weeks a go who got very excited that I knew her dog was a Murray River Curly. She thanked me for not calling him a labradoodle laugh.gif

I get cattle dog cross mostly with Ivy . One guy flat out told me I'd been ripped off if I thought she was a purebred dog. I find it's rare that someone knows that she's an Aussie (except at trials, etc.)

One strange one that I get is "She's pretty... for an Aussie" Kind of a compliment I think :confused: . Why did you feel the need to add the last part?

Funny thing is that my kelpie is most likely crossed with a cattle dog but to anyone on the street she's just a kelpie.

But they're all pretty!!!

Edited by Law

I know that :D I thought it was really strange that they paused and then felt the need to add "for an Aussie".

I get asked all the time what breed Willow is. Stuns me. And If people ask if she's a Rottweiler, it's with an uncertain tone.

Had a funny conversation with someone. They kept pronouncing it Rott-While--er very pointedly every time I said Rott-vile-er. So every time they pronounced it like that, I had to say it my way.

Don't think there has ever been a conversation where the word Rottweiler has been said so much in such a short space.

:rofl::rofl: that cracked me up, I can just imagine it!

I know that :D I thought it was really strange that they paused and then felt the need to add "for an Aussie".

Yeah that's what I find strange too because they're just a pretty breed as a whole.

The only dogs I'm always questioning are the tri/blue merle Border Collies because they look so much like Aussie Sheps I get confused. :o

At the agility demo I was at on Saturday, there was an interesting mix of purebred dogs: Kerry Blue Terrier, Airedale Terrier, Rottie and I swear I saw a Bearded Collie but I didn't get anywhere near his owner to ask.

The only dogs I'm always questioning are the tri/blue merle Border Collies because they look so much like Aussie Sheps I get confused. :o

At the agility demo I was at on Saturday, there was an interesting mix of purebred dogs: Kerry Blue Terrier, Airedale Terrier, Rottie and I swear I saw a Bearded Collie but I didn't get anywhere near his owner to ask.

Even google gets confused at that!

Just typing in "Black Tri Border Collie" into google images with give you results with Aussies in there, even ones showing a complete bob tailed butt laugh.gif

Back when the idiot dog* was 16 weeks old, I posted a photo of him on FB and someone asked if he was a JRT. Now that he's older and has very heavy ticking, people tell me that my dalmatian is too thin :/

*greyhound in avatar picture.

Back when the idiot dog* was 16 weeks old, I posted a photo of him on FB and someone asked if he was a JRT. Now that he's older and has very heavy ticking, people tell me that my dalmatian is too thin :/

*greyhound in avatar picture.

Sorry I just ROFLOLWMP!!!!!

Heard greyhounds called many things but never a too thin Dalli!

People are too precious

:rofl:

Yep the tail really throws people. Most seem to think that Dee and Zeph are Labs, and they have no hesitation in approaching them for a pat. It is really weird. The tail apparently makes them look more friendly :confused:

Guest Clover

Yes I also compliment folk on well bred dogs when I'm out and about. Although I think I freaked out a Great Dane person when I asked if it was from a particular breeder. It was :laugh:

:laugh: I did that with one of my customers Standard Poodles recently.

Yes I also compliment folk on well bred dogs when I'm out and about. Although I think I freaked out a Great Dane person when I asked if it was from a particular breeder. It was :laugh:

:laugh: I did that with one of my customers Standard Poodles recently.

Very often it's a great compliment to the breeder, imo.

:D