Strange But Good Comments

Kajirin

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was such a nice change to have people saying wow look at the gorgeous Whippets etc rather than look at the skinny dogs.

One poor lady was so embarressed after her child very loudly said mum lood at those skinny dogs at the top of her lungs at the markets. Mother through clenched teeth said - they are supposed to look like that they are Whippets! When child said - but mum they ARE skinny, mum cut in with - shut up. Poor lady. Kids say it as they see it and I wasn't upset.

I feel a little embaressed when I am at the park doing agility training and have dragged out my jumps and weaves... and people stop to watch! I want to say I'm actually just training! Not trying to be a show off!

I feel a little embaressed when I am at the park doing agility training and have dragged out my jumps and weaves... and people stop to watch! I want to say I'm actually just training! Not trying to be a show off!

sure you are ;)

That reminds me JulesP when I was training Wiz at the local shops one night and a guy came over and started watching. He said "Sorry to interrupt you but I just have to say what you are doing with your dog is amazing. I could never do that. Great job." It was lovely, but made me feel so embarrassed!

I like those comments more than the "Beautiful/pretty dog" comments biggrin.gif

I often get them about my boy being well behaved in public or if someone sees us doing flat work in a park.

Don't be embarrassed be proud!

This reminds me of my little ‘fans’ at the park.

I have a park around the corner that I like to take my agility practice equipment to as it is really quiet and rather unknown. Its on a quiet street and the kids from a house across the road (I would guess around 5 and 7years old?) often come over to watch. They now keep camping chairs near their gate and will come and set up to watch hahah

Though Henry is the only name they remember, the little girl calls Kokoda ‘cicada’ and Deniki’s name is Tina (he’s a boy..) :laugh:

The parents came and introduced themselves the other day to check that the kids never got in the way, and the man asked if I put my training on youtube because it is so good :) It was lovely.

:laugh: that's adorable

Edited by Law

Occasionally I get "well behaved" comments. It's usually when someone is walking their dog towards us and it's going crazy on the end of it's leash, jumping about trying to greet my dogs and mine just sit there and ignore the other dog. I get " your dogs are so well behaved!" I never tell them the truth, it's not training, but the fact that mine are terrible dog snobs and they are sitting there with their noses in the air ignoring the other dog because they feel it isn't worthy of their attention.... :o

Occasionally I get "well behaved" comments. It's usually when someone is walking their dog towards us and it's going crazy on the end of it's leash, jumping about trying to greet my dogs and mine just sit there and ignore the other dog. I get " your dogs are so well behaved!" I never tell them the truth, it's not training, but the fact that mine are terrible dog snobs and they are sitting there with their noses in the air ignoring the other dog because they feel it isn't worthy of their attention.... :o

I saw two Scottish terriers do that very thing to a badly behaving dog. The Scotties just put their noses in the air and trotted past, they never even looked at the other dog.

It was really funny

Legends! :laugh:

I saw two Scottish terriers do that very thing to a badly behaving dog. The Scotties just put their noses in the air and trotted past, they never even looked at the other dog.

It was really funny

Legends! :laugh:

:rofl:

Went along to training tonight with Sarge to register him for puppy 1 classes. At the orientation there was Sarge, a female Boxer, Amstaff, Staffy, Brit Bulldog, Maltese, Cocker Spaniel and a Terrier mix. Wasn't what I was expecting biggrin.gif