Catalyst Tonight

Ranga

I have a Chihuahua cross I rescued from Hawkesbury last year (only had 1 enquiry and meet/greet and the lady found her too energetic) - she is most definitely the happiest little dog I've ever had, she's always smiling and playing (she's about 9). She's a bundle of joy who was neglected previously and bred constantly, according to the vet who did her desexing.

I described her as "effervescent" in her profile, that's what she is! She's been here for nearly a year ... I sometimes wonder if she's going anywhere :laugh:

I'm impressed by anyone who manages to complete and pass a PhD, they're bloody hard. Then handing that research over to journalists to distill into 10 minutes of cute footage is a whole 'nother fraught process :/

I'm impressed by anyone who manages to complete and pass a PhD, they're bloody hard. Then handing that research over to journalists to distill into 10 minutes of cute footage is a whole 'nother fraught process :/

That's true n'all :)

That's true n'all :)

Indeed :)

Yes, that was my research. :) There was a lot to cram into a small segment, and some things I would have liked to have gone in got cut, like one of my volunteers that was pretty excited about being on television. :( But I had no control over it at all, and it is a credit to Jonica Newby and the Catalyst team that they put together a segment I was pretty happy with anyway, and they do that for a lot of scientists and still manage to keep most of them onside. It's a big deal to trust a journalist with what was your heart and soul for 3 1/2 years. There is a paper currently in review with PLoS ONE, and it's in the final stages (I hope! I've been saying that for months) and should be out soon. It will be open access for anyone that wants the full, dry, academic version. My blog has a series on risk aversion (pessimism) for people interested in the practical side. http://blog.creatureteacher.com.au/2014/01/risk-aversion-or-pessimism-in-dogs-1.html