Tell Me About Your Naughty Dogs

DobieMum

I'm in need of some funny stories, cause I have a 6 month puppy at the moment and I have to watch her with everything, for chewing. She'll be into anything not tied down if she gets the chance.

What's your stories?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a current dog, but my Rottweiler walked through the fly screen door so many times that my Dad put metal on the bottom, so she decided to jump trough the top. She ate the wooden frames that hold the glass in the window frame. Chewed fence palings off. Dug some amazing craters, she loved to help in the garden by removing anything that you just planted LOL. She once came into the bathroom when I was in the shower and stole my underwear and too it into the lounge room - my brother & his mates were there :doh:

She was the most beautiful dog, but naughty until she was around 2 years old.

my puppies (not sure which one it was... Hunter always looks guilty, but I'm convince Juno is just setting him up) went through a period of about a month is which they stole and destroyed every bra I owned. I eventually (eventually!!) managed to remember to keep them out of reach lol. Glad they got over that particular phase fairly quickly, it could have been expensive!

May I present to you Life according to Horrible Herbert, the Hungarian Vizsla. I am nearly 9 months of age.

I chewed my Royal Canin bed to pieces.

I then moved on to chew the land line cord

the cables for the iphones, ipad, and the surround stereo system.

I can put my foot on the rubbish bin pedal. The lid pops up and I feast on the goodies inside.

I am a counter surfer extraordinaire. My Mommas smeared the edges with Vicks. I like that taste soooooooooooooooo much. I was not deterred for a second.

To make sure I am safe, my Papa made a fabulous aluminum gate for the space between lounge and kitchen. ( No door (yet)).

I thought that was a bit mean. So I did practise a couple of times.

Now I can JUMP over that gate.

I am not sure why Momma cried?

If you would like to come out to the back yard, then you can see the holes I am digging. I am doing that to try to dig a tunnel back to Queensland. I want to play with my big brother.

It's pretty neat. He is digging holes too so we can play together again.

Anything at nose level is MINE!!!! All MINE!!!! I really like Papa's shoes & underwear.

I run fast.

I hope these make you smile, DobeMum.

Apparently I am a really good boy..... when I am asleep

Edited by VizslaMomma

Not any of the dogs I have now, they are mostly complete angels, expect for Miss Claudia's food stealing habit.

My male standard poodle was notorious for getting himself into trouble, one morning he went straight through the glass in my bedroom window because the cat was rolling around outside. Had an emergency surgery to stitch up his front leg.

He chewed the binding on a blanket hanging on the clothes line and managed to get it wrapped around one toe, I found him lying on the ground with his leg stuck in the air.

Middle of one night I woke up wih him screaming, he had fallen asleep with his body half under our bed but rolled on his back and got stuck, he was in so much shock my husband had to lift the bed up while I pulled him out, the worst part he was peeing out of fright.

Reggie loved to destroy anything with fluffy centres....... Except his toys :doh: he once destroyed an entire mattress leaving just the springs overnight! :eek: luckily he grew out of that.....

We are still working on him not eating coats.

Smudge is very good. She is a bit over one now and hasn't destroyed anything! :noidea: I think she is broken! She IS a terrible thief though! An opportunist with little shame.

She likes to steal eggs, the cats food etc and went she grabs whatever she has stolen she piss bolts! Because she KNOWS you can't catch her :hitself:

She has pinched a 3kg bag of dog food from a friend's pantry, stolen a massive breadstick from my dad's car (man that was funny!), eats anything she can pilfer from bench edges. And once at a friends house, we came back inside after afternoon tea to find her ON THE DINING ROOM TABLE scoffing chocolate brownies and lemon tarts! :dropjaw: :dropjaw: :dropjaw: I was sooooooooo embarassed! She wouldn't dare do that at home!

If she bothers to look sorry at all, it's only because she's sorry she got CAUGHT! :crazy:

In no particular order...

Destroyed one of the packing rugs that were on the verandah as his verandah bed (it's now near the "front gate" as his trash bed).

Finds bones from the surrounding bush when I let him out, also revives junk from under the house (old farm house on little stilts so of course over the years rubbish has ended up under there), including a paintbrush, various ice cream containers, tracksuits, shoes, socks, bottles, etc.

We thought he'd be fine one day to be left inside (more or less free run of the house) while we went to football (late night) and he got a sore tummy and volcanoed all over the rug eek1.gif omgosh. The smell.

Has stolen shoes from the verandah to never be seen for as long as he decides (I think OH's shoe was missing for just over a month...but came back eventually), but they're not usually destroyed! Just lost.

Chews on the wooden outdoor furniture embarrass.gif

Helps with the gardening/landscaping (luckily we don't have a garden).

Oh and gets over eager when playing with kids embarrass.gif knocked a girl over yesterday when they were playing, he got overexcited and because she's smaller didn't have the low pitched voice to say to stop frown.gif liiiiittle bit rough. So we're going to work on the not jumping on people in play...

Edit: All that said, I don't believe he's doing it to be naughty, it's because he's very rambunctious and it's usually when he's been inside for too long and just needs to sprint around the house with a "prize" in his mouth. He always drops things as soon as I call him or ask him to drop it (even his favourite bones) and if I catch him in the act of wrecking something he actually won't do it again! He's just a very flamboyant dog biggrin.gif

Edited by Scootaloo

My little poop head loves the car.

One day I had a flat car battery and the NRMA came out to fix it for me. We were living rural and had a very long driveway, approx 2ks.

After a little while the car is all fixed and he off he drives. I’m watching him drive away and see him halfway down the driveway, slam on the brakes and start reversing back to the house. He opens his door, walks around to the back cabin of the car, opens the door and asks me “ is this yours?”

Inside I see a smiley waggy spud super happy for his 30 second car ride. The guy said he frightened the poop outta him when this white fluffy head popped up in the middle of the seats and smiled at him LOL

Whoopsies!!

Is there a word limit?

My heart girl will be 7 this year and I have had her since she came for a temp stay at 13 weeks. For the first 3 years of her life she taste tested everything I owned (and some stuff that belonged to other people). I used to take show and tell to work several times a week as people didn't believe what she would destroy. We were at my vet a lot. Some examples:

remote controls, mobile phones, metal garbage bins, energy saver light bulbs, the handles off washing baskets, the buttons or plastic clips off doona covers, doonas, pillows, dog beds, birth control pills, anti-depressants, kilos of almonds, whole blocks of fruit and nut chocolate, a used tampon, several coffee tables, a six foot by six foot corner lounge, jars and jars of Vaseline, thongs, books (dictionaries are a favourite), cd's, dvd's (brand new ones preferred)

Now her only failing is anything with fluff inside it. Doonas, pillows, lounge chairs. No-ones perfect! I buy her a couple of stuffed toys every month to de-brain and that keeps the damage to human goodies to a minimum. Her only other problem is with dropped tissues and dropped pattern pieces - if not picked up immediately it will start to snow.

After all these years our garbage bin is still inside the laundry sink and even if we go out for half an hour all surfaces lower than the kitchen bench are cleared. She is easily tempted. Her little eyes start dancing if she sees something edible! I really like her naughty side though - I'd hate to have a boring dog!

Our other girl is now 2 and we've been quite lucky with her. She sticks to doggy appropriate chew toys and does like to bring things into the house, onto the bed to chew on so I have to do a quick check before I get in to bed every night. The most memorable was a 7 foot tree branch that she brought in one morning while I was in the shower. She clearly had some chewing she needed to do.

I have a very naughty 9 year old Pug who behaves like a puppy still. Earlier this year we went out to dinner. Both Olivia and Boof were safely (or so we thought) in the dog pen in bed.

When we walked in the house the first thing we see are two very large poops and a wet patch in the hall. I'm like 'what tha...??' As I walk past the next room I see another wet patch. We'd only been gone for a couple of hours too. Different things are racing through my mind. Because of the amount and it being inside I couldn't fathom it was my dogs doing it.

Down to the living room I walk and here is Oliva up on the lounge as fat as a sausage. She could barely move. Boof was still in his bed in the pen. Olivia had managed to get out of the pen and into the pantry where she pulled a bag of her kibble from the shelf and proceeded to stuff herself stupid.

The next week, and after we thought we had fixed the pen problem, we were out to dinner again. We came home, this time with guests in tow, to find the contents of the bathroom bin torn up all over the floor. The contents were not a pretty sight... let's just say secret woman's business. have never been so embarrassed. There was Olivia again all happy of see us, tail wagging and making her snorting, snuffling sounds. We walked down to the lounge room and all of the cushions from the lounge were on the floor showing plenty of evidence she'd been up on the lounge again too.

Over the years I've had many a naughty dog incident.... I still have 8 dining room chairs with chewed rungs. Boof once dug a hole into the arm of the lounge. I'm not sure why. For fun I guess. And once, many years ago, Boof, Monte and a couple of rescues managed to get up on a shelf where I had several packets of chewable wormers. They ate them all! :eek: Thankfully with no il effects and they certainly had no worms!

Another evening I recall coming home around midnight from a wedding and I couldn't find Monte anywhere. I started frantically calling for him and raced out to check the yard. I found him, standing on a step, with a container stuck on his head. He must have been that way for a while and he was only getting limited oxygen so it was lucky we found him. The container had held dynamic lifter pellets that had been soaking in water. It was empty but the smell was a strong enough lure for him to stick his head in it I guess.

Anne just reminded me of another classic Stussy moment. As she hit sexual maturity she was challenging our other female sbt. A behaviourist said she needed to be punished for her poor behaviour by separating her from the rest of the pack until she learned to behave. Instead of letting her sleep inside with everyone else one night, at about six months of age she was made to sleep outside. She had a very comfy spot to sleep in and it was a nice spring night. She cried and carried on but eventually all was quiet and those of us inside went to sleep. Some time during the night there she was, on the bed. In my daze I thought maybe she'd been making so much noise one of my neighbours had come and let her in. Nope. She'd gone under the house and chewed her way through metal fly screen mesh and a metal ventilation grill that lead under the stairs in our lounge room and crawled back in. The whole thing is still damaged some six years later because you'd have to crawl under the house and fix it lying on your belly or dismantle the stairs in the lounge room and do it that way. We sometimes see geckos and mice using it as their own personal vermin entrance!

My Mallee dog used to grab a pair of undies, male or female and preferably used, to show to all guests as they arrived. It would not have been so bad except she looked so cute, like she just came off the front of a box of chocolates and loved to parade around showing off the dirty underwear. She is now 10years old and will still do this for "special" guests.

Didi was a really good pup, only ever destroyed a crappy pair of thongs that lived outside anyway. However in the last two days something has snapped in her and she's destroyed a brand new (expensive) hairbrush and eaten the shoelaces and inner sole out of my boots! I'm being much more careful now but it's a bit of a pain since most surfaces under 1.5 metres are easily within her reach.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

All these stories are making me :rofl:.

I've been very fortunate(?) that all my dogs have been goody goodies and have never done anything as bad as what some of you have described... the worst extent they have gone to is probably just raiding the bin?

The naughtiest thing I can think of is probably when my pomeranian stole a chicken wing clean out of my hands as I was eating and ran away with it to the garden and hid under a bush to eat it where I couldn't get her. One minute I was about to chomp in, the next, 'pop' it was gone with a fluff of a pom tail. That was well over 10 years ago now. :o

Mine is from this morning. Two year old 'pup' obviously couldn't make it downstairs last night and had done a massive poo on the carpeted stairs half way down and smack bang in the middle. Then enters the boyfriend walking down the stairs in the dark in socks to head to work and steps right in it, the laugh I got was well worth the clean up!

Mine aren't too bad.

Deniki ate the rubber around the french doors, and has stripped our bamboo of its lower foliage as he has a bit of an identification crisis and think she's a panda..

My previous dog had an undie and sock fetish. Until about 2 yrs old he'd eat the crotch of undies.. Ofetn you wouldn't notice until you went to put them on :laugh:

My cat is worse. he loves to chew Iphone cords and headphones. Only these ones as they are rubbery-er than other cords, but very annoying..

ETA: Henry the new rescue, has taught them to scrounge through the bin and lick things in the dishwasher if its open :o

And this morning Kokoda jumped onto the dining table to come and sit in front of me and beg for toast.. from the floor-to chair-to table. My guess is because i taught him to jump on the chair to put his harness on so i dont have to bend over

Edited by denali