Whippet On Westgate Bridge

Kirislin

I saw on the news last night something about a whippet running terrified over Westgate bridge yesterday. The report didn't say it was caught, I got the impression the police drove beside it until it crossed without causing an accident but it didn't say what happened to it. Does anyone know? :(

Hello everyone!

The dog in question was staying with us with his owner but luckily he is now safe and completely okay save for a few sore pads on his feet.

The police and the lost dogs home are the ones to thank and also all the kind worried people who tried to get out of their cars!

He's actually a 14 year old Italian greyhound who's completely deaf but unfortunately still very fast!

Thank you so much for the concern, it was so sweet I thought you deserved to know he was okay.

Hello everyone!

The dog in question was staying with us with his owner but luckily he is now safe and completely okay save for a few sore pads on his feet.

The police and the lost dogs home are the ones to thank and also all the kind worried people who tried to get out of their cars!

He's actually a 14 year old Italian greyhound who's completely deaf but unfortunately still very fast!

Thank you so much for the concern, it was so sweet I thought you deserved to know he was okay.

Wow!!! Thankyou so much for posting here. I have an IG as well as whippets. Can we see a photo of the little runaway? I'm so glad he's OK. I'm going to post your reply of an IG facebook page I'm on.

1406953710[/url]' post='6536319']
1406952815[/url]' post='6536316']

Hello everyone!

Wow!!! Thankyou so much for posting here. I have an IG as well as whippets. Can we see a photo of the little runaway? I'm so glad he's OK. I'm going to post your reply of an IG facebook page I'm on.

Here he is, he didn't even realise he caused so much fuss and worry!

post-52442-0-86007000-1406955115_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone!

Oh wow I thought he looked like a small whippet but I would've never guessed he was an Iggy let alone 14 years old he was flying! The police on motorbikes were doing a great job. Glad he is ok and thanks so much for joining up and letting us know :thumbsup:

OMG, those Iggies panic once they get out - it's why at Iggy Rescue we constantly tell people not to let them off the lead in unfenced places, once they take off no one can catch them. People don't believe that an elderly dog will still do it.

Glad this distinguished old fellow got home safely.

Hello everyone!

How totally great you let us know.

So glad this sweet Iggie is home and safe.

Best Wishes

:heart:

Hello everyone!

How totally great you let us know.

So glad this sweet Iggie is home and safe.

Best Wishes

:heart:

Agree!