Old Mrs Wobble Dog

Kirislin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In her racing prime she weighed 14.1 kilos, I weighed her at the vets the other day and she's only 9.9k now. As you can see though her coat is still lovely and she's still got a sparkle in her eye. Good ol' girl she is.

Gosh Mrs Wobble Dog is still a beauty K. And lovely that she still gets a fit of the youngsters.

My Danny must be about 15 as well as I adopted him 12 and a half years ago. The pound had his birth date as approx Feb 1999. He plods around on his walks like an old old boy, but still leaps around like a spring lamb when I come home (or even if I've just collected the mail :o ).

Seems there are a few 15 year old DOL Dogs around. Mac has just celebrated his and now it is time to say to ari.q's Nelson.

:birthday::birthday: to Nelson.

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

Congratulations Mrs Wobble Dog. It's quite a club as my Mac varies from very wobbly to running around like a spring chicken!!! Don't you just adore these oldies!! There's something so special about them. Absolutely gorgeous photos K. I must get some more up-to-date ones of Mac. smile.gif

Congratulations Mrs Wobble Dog. It's quite a club as my Mac varies from very wobbly to running around like a spring chicken!!! Don't you just adore these oldies!! There's something so special about them. Absolutely gorgeous photos K. I must get some more up-to-date ones of Mac. smile.gif

Yep, this exactly!

Here she is at 9 years old, so already quite a mature girl but she didn't look it. She's obviously from good stock, both her parents got to at least 14 I think. This is my favourite photo of her.

3076217188_4e1e548c3d_z.jpgIMG_1990cs by kirislin, on Flickr

I'm enjoying every moment with her now because I know she wont be around much longer. I have to go to hospital soon and I'm worried that while she's being cared for by a friend she'll succumb. That's why I took her to the vet the other day, just so he can assess her now and also let him know I give permission to my friend if it comes to that. It's rotten having to take these precautions but if it happens I want it to be as stress free as possible for all concerned. The vet definitely agreed that her time isn't just yet though, frail as she is.

It's because of Penny that my back has flared up something terrible. She had an attack of the sillies the other day so I sat on the floor to play with her. When I went to get up my back gave a shriek of protest. (Mr rolly eyes here)

Edited by Kirislin

In her racing prime she weighed 14.1 kilos, I weighed her at the vets the other day and she's only 9.9k now. As you can see though her coat is still lovely and she's still got a sparkle in her eye. Good ol' girl she is.

I was going to say how beautiful her coat is and it's good to see she still got that twinkle in her eye :heart:

There is nothing quite like the love of an old dog.

thankyou everyone for your lovely comments. I've never had such an old dog before so this is new territory for me. I'm trying not to worry so much now and just take it as it comes but I do love it when she surprises me and lets me know 'not today Mummy'.

Usually when I bring her home I lift her carefully out of the car and she totters to the gate to be let into the yard, but the other day same old routine, I lifted her out and made sure she had her balance on the ground before letting her go, and to my surprise she took off down the drive way, she looked like she was jumping invisible hurdles. I was calling her but she's deaf as a post and I felt a twinge of panic wondering just how far she was going to run. She ran about 100 mts, stopped for a piddle and then did the same thing coming back frolicking like a lamb, jumping over her invisible hurdles and went and stood at the gate, while my heart was thumping. :laugh:

Gorgeous Penny, I was thinking of her and Kibah today. Lovely photos of her showing her 'puppy moments', may she have many more !! :heart:

My friend Sue, who had Kibahs brother, has a birthday on Sunday, and I have given her a beautiful card with Kibah on the front.....one of the ones that you drew.

I had kept it, knowing that there would come a day when such a special card would be needed, I just know that Sue is going to love it !!

Good luck for next week, it will be all good !!

Gorgeous Penny, I was thinking of her and Kibah today. Lovely photos of her showing her 'puppy moments', may she have many more !! :heart:

My friend Sue, who had Kibahs brother, has a birthday on Sunday, and I have given her a beautiful card with Kibah on the front.....one of the ones that you drew.

I had kept it, knowing that there would come a day when such a special card would be needed, I just know that Sue is going to love it !!

Good luck for next week, it will be all good !!

Oh that's made me tear up. Thankyou so much.

Perse, she's staying with a friend who she knows well. I'm hoping she'll be OK with it. She's not a stressy dog normally and my friend is very understanding of her needs so fingers crossed it will work out but we dont have any other option. Another friend suggested putting her down before I go to hospital, and I gave it some thought but she just doesn't seem ready yet. Plus I'd be devastated if I did let her go and then had the operation postponed.