• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thankyou all for understanding.

5326302098_f0722d65c6_z.jpgPenny running sequence by kirislin, on Flickr

Vale, Penny, Maysleith Musicale.

You have earned your wings.

A life so well lived, a dog so very much loved.

A gem of a friend.

Race free at The Rainbow Bridge, Penny.

:rainbowbridge:

Thankyou thankyou all it helps. This made me teary. She was a great girl, a special friend, I've been very fortunate to have had her in my life. Once again, my amazing friends came through. There's no way I could have dug her grave, but a friend came and did it for me. I laid Penny to rest this afternoon and the house seems emptier without her. We'll be OK, but I'll miss that amazing intelligent funny girl.

So very sorry you have lost your beautiful Penny, Kirislin crying.gif

She was such a lovely girl and so lucky to have such a great Mum. Your photos are so touching.I have always loved the "peeping around the corner" one.Best wishes to you and the rest of your pack. hug.gif

So sorry to see this Kirislin, Penny is so gorgeous, and so happy right to the end. A blessed life for a whippet with you, from your stories and all your stunning, stunning photos. Wishing you peace whilst you recover now, and hoping all goes well.

RIP Penny.

• 2 weeks later...

thankyou all for your kind sweet comments about my darling girl. I didn't have time to mourn her because I've been in hospital for 10 days having a hip replacement. When I'd think about the whippet pack while I was there, Penny was still clear in my mind, but I had to keep reminding myself she wouldn't be there to greet me when I came home. It's sunk in now, and I suppose I'm ok with it. I still talk to her when I pass her grave though.