Misuse Of Pet Products

hankdog

So I've been working late this week and finishing up after midnight. I have to bath as part of my bed time ritual and was soaking away on Tuesday night when I realised the shampoo was finished. It was cold and I didn't feel like going downstairs dripping wet and Tubby's Aloveen shampoo was right there. What's the worst that could happen, my nose gets damp and I start sniffing crotches? Meh, I just used it.

Ditto for Wednesday and Thursday, my hairs a bit dry now so hopefully I will remember to fetch the human stuff tonight.

Anyway this reminded me of a funny story, of my sisters. A few years ago she was dieting, it was right before Christmas and all the pressies were under the tree. She woke up in the early hours and was craving chocolate...."Oh wait. I bought the dog a special Christmas stocking and there's chocolate in there," she remembers. So she breaks into dogs the pressie and eats the carob chocolate at three am in the morning.

Ok come on folks, what weird things have you used the dogs gear for?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.........ahem, so it isn't normal to share?!?! :p

Must admit ive tried dog shampoo too...... Plush puppy :o can't say it did much for my hair though!

I've tried a couple of their brushes and combs as well.

Rapigel is AWESOME for aches and pains, I have a tub of that in the cupboard, sometimes even use it on the dogs! :p

Cool coats are great for really hot days too, I have a couple of different types for the dogs, so usually have a spare one to drape over my shoulders.

When I camp at trials i always add my memory foam dogs beds on top of my self inflating mattress. super Comfy!

I have a pods4pets pod that lives in the car, it's great for having a snooze! Have to fight the dogs for it though!

Edited by Chequeredblackdog

Well, thankfully not a tale about me, but my husband. I caught him scraping the stuck bits off a baking dish, and licking the spoon in the kitchen one night. I was horrified. I had just cooked up Bruno's batch of food, using pet-grade meat. :eek::vomit:

He said afterwards that it was a bit bland. Needed some salt and pepper...

My dad once took a little tin of what he thought was 'Little Champignons' (Champignons are mushrooms) to work for lunch one day. He thought it didn't look right when he opens it to eat. Reread the label and it was 'Little Champions' and old supermarket brand of dog food :) poor dad. :laugh:

Yep... Neocort for eczema, Rapidgel is amazing, shot of Zydax for aches n pains, Nutrigel for energy (some for the dog some for yourself before an agility run).

Most of my doggie homeopathics and chinese herbal medicines are all human use anyway, so we just share.

It's OK Gruflife, my dogs eat out of stainless steel mixing bowls, it's pretty common for them to actually be used as mixing bowls in this house... :bolt:

Yeah. Gruf has a rubber based stainless steel bowl. So I know I'm not even going to be able to push it off the table if I decided to lick it clean :p

The Panagenics shampoo and conditioner I use on the dogs is fantastic for humans too biggrin.gif I have used it a time or two!

I will admit to using the dogs brushes and combs on my own hair from time to time.

My DH uses a dog lead as a strap to do neck stretching/rolling exercises and always has one in his suitcase when travelling. laugh.gif

When I first came to Australia I went in the local butchers & saw Kangaroo Mince & it was so cheap so I asked for a kilo to try it in shepherds pie. There was the butcher & his young apprentice worked there. The apprentice served me. The children loved it but me being a bit squeamish didn't try it.

A few days later I went again & asked the butcher for another kilo. He asked me for something like 3 times the price of the previous kilo. I said its the first time we tried kangaroooo & my children loved it but why has it gone up so much ? He called the appentice & asked him what he had served me. The pet meat he said :eek: The butcher asked were my children hopping around the garden.

I also use Derri Sal the cows udder cream for my psoriasis.

The dogs slicker on my hair.

Diamond Shine horse spray on my hair too.

Once I washed someones young flea ridden pups in diluted Martha Garners Wool Wash. It killed the fleas & made the pups coats lovely & fluffy so I washed my own hair in it. My blonde afro that was about 3 times the volume of my already thick hair was a bit of a suprise.

Edited by Christina