Misuse Of Pet Products

hankdog

The Panagenics shampoo and conditioner I use on the dogs is fantastic for humans too biggrin.gif I have used it a time or two!

I will admit to using the dogs brushes and combs on my own hair from time to time.

My DH uses a dog lead as a strap to do neck stretching/rolling exercises and always has one in his suitcase when travelling. laugh.gif

I tried the Panagenics on my hair but it really didn't work out well.

We do all have the same m&p brushes, just have to make sure I keep theirs out of the bathroom.

Rapidgel I have used on myself, and neocort. And when their dogs beds are all clean and new they are pretty comfy.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Dog carob dog treats are known to be consumed by humans.

:eek:

Daddy found them in the jar in the pantry. He forgot the colour-coded lid (red). Had a few.

Then complained to me.

I said 'Soz Honey, I got the generic cheapies.'

Neither dog was impressed to have less rations of treats.

:rofl:

When I had shingles type nerve pain caused by my spinal lesion last year, I found that Neocort gave me a whole 30 mins of relief... *bliss*

I think the only thing I've used has been Neocort, suggested by T when I was going crazy with itchies. Worked too. But when I went to the chemist she said not to use cortisone based creams if the skin is broken.

Neocort is awesome, we use it more for people than dogs in this house :laugh: I used to work with a vet that would shove some up her nose when she had hay fever and swore it was the only effective treatment

I'm allergic to pretty well every type of adhesive tape (strapping, band aids etc) so I use vetwrap a fair bit too

Vetwrap is a very handy first aid kit item too.

I have never actually used the rapigel on the dogs. Lady at Petstock thought I was crazy when she asked what I used it for.so then I fudged and said it is good on the dogs after agility. Lol.

At my work we have never once sold a tub of Rapigel for dog use...and we go through a fair bit!

I can't say I've used any other product for myself other than Rapigel...but I have looked at the dog shampoo when I had none of mine left. I found my mother in laws' though so used that.

My dad accidentally ate a Chicken stick once....thought it was a jerky type snack. Commented to my mum that it was a bit yuck...she said yes, because it's a dog treat.

It seems to be husbands and dads only that do that sort of accidental eating of dog food?

Not my story but told on another dog forum. Happy couple gets married and are taken to the reception with all their luggage in the car. This included some ready prepared dry food meals for their hound in plastic bags. When they get back to the car, the food has gone, so they reorganise the feeding of their hound for their honeymoon and head away.

When they return, they are complimented on their unusual choice of bar nibbles at the reception. Given they hadn't provided said dry nibbles, cautious inquiries were made of the MOH, who explained that she had helped when she found the nibbles in plastic bags in the car and given them to the caterers to put in bowls on the bar where they went down a treat.

It was decided that it was a case of least said, soonest mended.

When I first came to Australia I went in the local butchers & saw Kangaroo Mince & it was so cheap so I asked for a kilo to try it in shepherds pie. There was the butcher & his young apprentice worked there. The apprentice served me. The children loved it but me being a bit squeamish didn't try it.

A few days later I went again & asked the butcher for another kilo. He asked me for something like 3 times the price of the previous kilo. I said its the first time we tried kangaroooo & my children loved it but why has it gone up so much ? He called the appentice & asked him what he had served me. The pet meat he said :eek: The butcher asked were my children hopping around the garden.

I also use Derri Sal the cows udder cream for my psoriasis.

The dogs slicker on my hair.

Diamond Shine horse spray on my hair too.

Once I washed someones young flea ridden pups in diluted Martha Garners Wool Wash. It killed the fleas & made the pups coats lovely & fluffy so I washed my own hair in it. My blonde afro that was about 3 times the volume of my already thick hair was a bit of a suprise.

MooGoo's Eczema and Psoriasis balm is modeled on this cream. :)

In other stories:

My Dad's eaten gourmet dog biscuits from the market in the past, he can't read without his glasses on and they were in a nice looking paper bag. :laugh:

Neocort's a bit iffy, it does get into the bloodstream so it's safer to get a cream from you doctor with a lower cortisone concentration. I have been known to use cortavance on sand fly bites b/c that's safer, however I'm not recommending it for general use. :p

My usual customers for Rapigel included the contingent of retired golfers from the club across the road, and sports-kid Mum's.

OH once took the wrong 'meat' out of he fridge for the spag bol. It did smell funny when it was cooking, but plenty of herbs tomatoes etc ................

then once served I was a little hesitant - then the penny dropped when the frst mouthful contained little teeny weeny bones -

yup the Leonards pet mince.

He ate his I threw mine out.

Really don't know how he could confuse human beef mince and horrid fatty boney chicken mince!

Really don't know how he could confuse human beef mince and horrid fatty boney chicken mince!

I think its a man / "see food and eat it" thing. In Guins last months she lived on chicken / chicken mince, veg and rice. I had to write "DOG ONLY" on any in the fridge/freezer. His argument was that it was all human grade - so why not?

:eek: at the wedding reception story!!

I once begged my mum to buy me a dog biscuit as I was desperately curious about how they tasted. She conceded and bought me a (non meat flavoured) biscuit as she claimed that I would get Mad Cow Disease if I ate something with pet grade meat in it! :laugh:

The biscuit was dry and a tiny bit salty. I'd give it a 5/10.

I never knew eating pet food was so popular!

Many years ago Mum was cooking pasta and pet food. Premium minced beef in one pot, pet mince (offal, fat, bones - ew) in the other. She got a tad confused. The dogs loved their dinner that night. I'm told the pasta sauce had a funny taste and went largely uneaten.

The male members of the house have never been told this story. They would freak out!