Tear Stains

KOE

Hello everyone,

Long time since I have been here but I am after some advice, my baby boy has tear stains and I am wondering how I can get rid of them.

I am using shear magic tear remover but it does not seem to be working.

Where we live is really dusty as well with minimal grass.

Any one got any other ideas.

I used Angel Eyes when I had a white boy with bad staining. Did the usual & had his ducts flushed at the vets, uselessly.

Angel Eyes is a powder that is mixed into their food daily to begin with & then tapering off. Much safer than putting stuff in & around the eyes.I found it excellent & saw results in a week. Its freely available all over the place now but was new when I used it a few years ago.

Google for stockist. Well worth the money. It works.

• 1 year later...

Regarding Angel Eyes, I've recently read that it contains an antibiotic and isn't recommended for on-going use. I have a 6 month old cream/white Chihuahua with bad tear stains, She doesn't get any gunk build up in her eyes, they just seem to be very watery throughout the day. First thing in the morning she is fine She is an inside dog. I've tried Shear Magic Tear Stain Remover and also Fidos Tear Stain Remover without success. I've had her for about 8 weeks and the breeder was also using Shear Magic and Apple Cider vinegar in her water which I've continued to do but nothing seems to be working. Does Angel Eyes clear up the eye watering after a short time or is a long term use medication? She is only just 2kg. I'm getting desperate as I want to continue showing her when they start again in 2 months. Any advice appreciated, thank you

Edited by Sadie05

with Angel eyes as well there's a lot of evidence to suggest it stains their teeth yellow when given to dogs that are still teething due to the antibiotic.

If you're going to use it wait until your dog has finished teething

What are you feeding your baby boy, Koe?

though my dog doesn't have tear stain....however in my dog's breed (Japanese Spitz) plenty of people have their dogs with slight/heavy tear stains and if it's not tear duct related....then most of the time food related.

A breeder suggested to these people (via our group)to feed raw diet/meals and it works.

try this...and try avoiding Angel Eyes and Glow Groom as both contains antibiotics and some who tried it in the past had no result after using these.