Are We Being Overun

sheena

Just found this page on Face Book. The creators, I would say are trying to do the right thing....but nearly every advertisement is for Staffy's, most of them Blue or other Bull breed dogs. Even the creators of the page themselves...make comment on the number of Staffies :eek:

Edited...to remove the link....but there are many links on Facebook for these

Blue Staffies :(

Edited by sheena

more than 70% of the Staffords bred in the world right now are blue - the take over is old news :(

Don't forget they all have big square heads and weigh in excess of 14kg at just 3 months old.. :(

Sadly, while there is a market willing to pay extra for this, they will keep breeding them..

What ever happened to improving the breed or even just breeding the best dog you can?

I remember about 12 months ago when we started looking for our girl - it was pretty much impossible to find a breeder who wasn't flaunting the fact that the pups were blue or had blue blood lines! Very sad. The blues I know all have health/skin problems and we wanted to steer clear. Thankfully we found our girl with no blue lines.

Nope Pers they are not supposed to look like that..

It is very sad that people have taken two breeds, the SBT and more so the AST and bulked them up so much that they really don't look like the breed standard.

The fact that breeders of SBTs are referring to them as English Staffy's would make me run a mile.

Just found this page on Face Book. The creators, I would say are trying to do the right thing....but nearly every advertisement is for Staffy's, most of them Blue or other Bull breed dogs. Even the creators of the page themselves...make comment on the number of Staffies :eek:Pedigree Dogs For Sale

I have noticed few of those type of pages turn up on Facebook "Pedigree Dogs for Sale".... from different authors. And very soon after that, 90% of the ads seem to be staffy's and other bull breeds.

I dunno... Advertising such on Facebook still seems weird to me. I get the kennel or even breed like pages... but advertising litters on there just doesn't seem the same.

I would prefer Gumtree to Facebook. Mind you I would also like to see Gumtree toughen up their rules when it comes to advertising dogs/cats in particular "Registered" - give it a distinctive definition. (Eg: ANKC{or similar body for working dogs} Registered, Only local council registered {where it is required by local councils} and then registered with the PIAA or similar.) Even if Registered Breeders need to include their Registration number in all ads. Also all animals to be microchipped as required by state legislation and again if necessary - include microchip numbers.

Some of those dogs just don't look right if that is the case how can they be classed as purebred and registered.

If they are bred and registered by an ANKC registered breeder, I guess they can..

I wonder how they would go in the show ring - hopefully the judges are rewarding the breeders of lines that stick to the breed standard more than they are rewarding those that don't..

Urgh, I had another related dog page pop up on Facebook as a "suggested page".

It again is full of blue "bully?" type am staffs. I found the admin from the original page, arguing for these dogs, which explains a lot...

"The standard does not mean the dog has to look like it . Its just a standard"