In Case You Think I Am Telling Porkies . . . . .

Here is photographic proof of how my dogs are easy to feed ..... NOT. Normally, Danny, Tamar and Jeune are fed on the deck but because it has been really windy with heavy rain over the past few days, I've been feeding them inside as the deck is soaked.

These photos are from this morning. The bowls were down for about 20 minutes and I eventually picked them up because Bunter has to be shut away because he, like most dogs, would eat the lot in a few seconds flat:

Danny looks as though his world has come to an end.

Dannyandbowls3_zps4f40b863.jpg

Pretty suspicious:

Dannyandbowls2_zpsa7bb0eb0.jpg

He deigned to eat about two mouthfuls and then spat them out:

Dannyandbowls1_zps50792741.jpg

All the while, Jeune and Tamar won't even come near:

JeuneandTamar_zpseae2d2e5.jpg

I totally believed you before, but that is so opposite to mine. All three bowls would have been empty by the time I got the camera focussed :laugh: ...and then he would still be looking for more.

I am sorry that you have such trouble feeding them .

LOL, Yonjuro, was hoping you'd see this.

I am pretty used to it now, but it is frustrating. I cannot help envying people who just shake a couple of cupfulls out of a packet. LOL.

LOL, ya know the grass is always greener... as I quite envy the fact that your dogs don't go bonkers at dinner time. Ronin get very vocal and impatient before feeding, I should record it sometime - It goes from a whiney whimper to a full on Woo woo woo - WILL YOU JUST HURRY UP AND FEED ME! :laugh:

Collie will eat anything anywhere as long as it's dog food or people food, Sarah on the other hand needs her spot and you need to be visible but not too close. If you leave the room she won't eat, if OH is being too noisy in the kitchen she won't eat and it's preferable if the TV is on to provide some relaxing background noise :p

Collie will eat anything anywhere as long as it's dog food or people food, Sarah on the other hand needs her spot and you need to be visible but not too close. If you leave the room she won't eat, if OH is being too noisy in the kitchen she won't eat and it's preferable if the TV is on to provide some relaxing background noise :p

Perhaps a candle or two might be in order for Sarah? :thumbsup:

Before my sister moved in with me she used to have dog food available 24/7 for her fussy eater and even worse there had to be about 5 different items to choose from at any time. She also used to do a lot of hand feeding. But she and her dog moved in with me and I am of the eat it or lose it school of thought. So under the threat of competition she ate on her own at set meal times, did have her own special plate full of different items and was slow but a lot better. But since she got dementia she seems to have forgotten she was a fussy eater she eats kibble like a real dog and she is usually first to finish. And since she started on the Sasha's Blend she's become a hoover who not only eats her first but then hovers around the other two dogs in the hope they will leave something behind. So I understand the trials of a fussy eater but am enjoying not having one in this house anymore. It must drive you crazy.

:laugh:

DDD I've always been surprised by dogs like yours because that is such a cat's way of eating rather than canine. I've only ever owned dogs who scoff their food and even my cat eats everything at once in one sitting. :/

Have they always eaten that way? I'm just curious as to whether it's something in their upbringing or a learned habit.

I think sometimes people think their dogs are fussy but they are just not hungry because they are being fed too much! I know that was the case when my boy was a pup - reducing his food (and introducing a second dog - though you don't have that issue) led to him eating his meals with a lot more enthusiasm. I can't see exactly what is in your bowls but if they get fed twice a day it seems like a lot of food for small older dogs

I love the photos :laugh: Particularly Danny's look of disgust

I think sometimes people think their dogs are fussy but they are just not hungry because they are being fed too much! I know that was the case when my boy was a pup - reducing his food

I did this with Willow. I was stressing about her not eating all her food or eating it at all. I cut it back and she cleaned the bowl and I stopped worrying about her 'lack of appetite'.

Totally in my own head. :laugh:

I think sometimes people think their dogs are fussy but they are just not hungry because they are being fed too much! I know that was the case when my boy was a pup - reducing his food (and introducing a second dog - though you don't have that issue) led to him eating his meals with a lot more enthusiasm. I can't see exactly what is in your bowls but if they get fed twice a day it seems like a lot of food for small older dogs

I think this is exactly my problem too :laugh: The older two scoff their food down instantly, but Poppy seems a very fussy eater, barely eating one day but then clearing her bowl the next. However I'm beginning to realise that it may just be because she isn't hungry enough. I need to get used to feeding her smaller amounts and not worrying if she doesn't clear it all. She was so scrawny when we first got her, but she has filled out nicely now, so just need to level off the food I think.

Cute pics DD :)

I used to have a Rotti that used to take any food out of her bowl and spit it onto the floor before she would eat it... dog only knows where that habit came from... ?? Made it rather messy if she had rice or kibble in the bowl...

T.

Tamar is a bit like that. She is getting better (after 10 years) but at one stage she wouldn't eat unless Jeune did.

Have they always eaten that way? I'm just curious as to whether it's something in their upbringing or a learned habit.

I have had Danny since 2002 and Jeune and Tamar from mid 2004 (Jeune a month before Tamar) all from pounds. LOL. And, yes, it has always been like this :mad:mad

I used to have a Rotti that used to take any food out of her bowl and spit it onto the floor before she would eat it...

Myrtie :cry::cry: was a bit like that. When I let Bunter out of his feeding station (the study) he would hurtle down the hallway, skidding around the corner, to get into the kitchen and lick the newspaper white !!

Dory and Pie: yes I sometimes think there is too much in their bowls and at one stage I stopped giving them breakfast. But that didn't last long ...... I was the problem there :laugh:

But they pretty much stay the same weight. Danny is losing weight, but he is 15 and definitely doesn't eat as much as he used too. If I were to feed him icecream and cat food that would be a different story. In fact, if they turn their noses up for more than two meals, I will mix a bit of cat food in with their or sprinkly a bit of parmesan on.

Tonight, they were fed the same food they rejected this morning, heated up and on the deck. They wolfed it down LOL.

Guest Clover

It does look like a lot of food for small dogs. Maybe they just aren't hungry :confused: .

The dogs would have to be really sick not to eat here.

You put it on paper :eek: Maybe they didn't like the news articles :laugh:

My little piggys eat anything anywhere. All of them.

:laugh: :laugh: Well most news is enough to turn most people off food, but the bowls were on paper only because they were fed inside. Usually on deck and no paper.