Tell Me One Thing You Just Love About Your Dog!

raineth

One thing I just love about my dog is that she sings to ambulance sirens. It's a very odd sound, not quite a howl, not quite a cry. Even when she's asleep when the ambulance goes past she will still sing, in her sleep!

She's such a funny bugger :)

ok, now it's your turn... tell me one thing you just love about your dog :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is THE best cuddler in the whole world. He jumps on the bed when I go shower then when I jump in bed he shifts over, waits for me to settle and then takes all the bones out his body and turns into a nice warm cushion. He has lovely breath and he will stick his nose next to your face and breath puppy breath on you to make you sleep.

Everything! She is perfect :) :)

But to pick one thing, I love her enthusiasm for everything that we do! She is enthusiastic about waking up, going in the car, going for a walk, training obedience, training agility, cuddling on the couch, going for a swim... Elsie just loves life and lives it to the fullest with a tail wagging at warp speed, grinning and a bounce in her step :thumbsup:

With Maddie it's her affectionate nature, she is the most loving dog I've ever owned. She just loves being cuddled and kissed and she absolutely adores me, she rarely lets me out of her sight when I'm home and I just love that about her.

With Stan it's the fact he's thick as a brick :laugh: now before people say that's mean there are huge advantages of having a dumb dog. Nothing much, besides thunder, poo and insects, worries him. He's had some awful health issues in the last 12 months yet he bounds into that vet surgery like it's the greatest place on earth. You would think after several surgeries to repair his fractured skull he would be a little hesitant but nope, he forgot about that right after it happened and I just love that about him.

Nova - the way she has "smooshy cuddles" on the couch with me each night

Neo - the fact that he has to show you his tennis ball multiple times a day and gets all excited when you tell him how pretty it is

Radar - his happiness and clown like nature

Feonix - her gentleness

Molly - the way she drops her ball as close to my face as she can when I'm lying in bed, and expects me to throw it

Lovely topic :)

Everything!! There is not one single thing I don't love about her. I can't just pick one thing!

But I do especially love her fondness for giving me face kisses. I just love how affectionate she is like that and how she reserves her best 'You're home!' greetings for me alone. And the way she turns around to sniff her own farts. And how she lowers her bum when she wiggles it. And how she sleeps in my lap every night. And how she digs at my head to wake me up every morning. And the way she grins at me with lolling tongue when she leaps through the air in the morning.

Oh wait, it was just supposed to be one thing. :laugh:

I love how Dozer will (sometimes) sleep at the foot of the bed, but every morning without fail he'll worm his way in between his humans for wakeup kisses and cuddles.

I am also amazed by how much space one amstaff can take up in a queen size bed and how much he hogs the covers.

One thing I just love about my dog is that she sings to ambulance sirens. It's a very odd sound, not quite a howl, not quite a cry. Even when she's asleep when the ambulance goes past she will still sing, in her sleep!

I think we need a video :)

For me with Louis it's his eyes - he just looks at me and stares deeply into my eyes with what seems like so much love and such a strong bond :heart:

2014-04-13%252007.08.31%25202.jpg

I love how Fleming is just so happy to see me, regarldess of how long I've been gone for. Even if I've only been gone for 5 mins to the corner shop for milk, he is thrilled to see me.

He'll spin in circles, and bounce up and down, then race off to bring me his favourite toy. He'll stick to my side like glue following me everyone, and as soon as I sit down he throws himself on the sofa next to me and worms and squirms on his back making rhrr rhrr noises. This goes on for about 10 minutes. Once he's decided he's expressed his joy at seeing me I can go about doing things without a limpet stuck to my legs.

No matter how bad my day has been, I'll have a big cheesy grin on my face 10 minutes after I've walked in the door.

I just love the way little Holly has learned how to go to the laundry and gaze up at her lead for walkies now she is alone. And how she kids me into a game of pull and tug when I am really needing to go hang the wash. She has learned to be very good at kidding us to play with her.

I love her for it so much. My brave sweet little girl.

Rascal greats us at the front door if we've been out, with either my slipper or a toy in his mouth and does this weird smile and whine all at the same time.

Astro is very loyal, when I take them to the off leash park he sticks by my side while the other two go off and sniff everything.

Claudia my tiny chihuahua always makes me laugh, but the best is when I sit down, she jumps up onto my shoulder and drapes herself around my neck. If I'm in front of the heater she will sleep like that for ages.

When she first arrived as a puppy I would lie on the lounge with Stussy on my chest and I would rub her little face and ears while she slept slumped down nose first. Fast forward many years and she still lies on me ever single night while I recline on the lounge and watch tv and I still rub her face and ears while she snorts away into my clothes. Mind you at 20kg she lies more on my belly and one leg now and I often have to get her to move so I can get the blood circulating again. It's our thing.

I also have to mention how I love her numpty side. She was fast asleep on me on the lounge and my sister walked right by her, out the back door to the shed. Stussy heard the shed door, woke up immediately all alert, used me as a spring board to gain traction and ran barking. In the opposite direction to where the noise came from. Fail.

Edited by Little Gifts

She is the best dog in the whole world :love:

56ecc13b-e563-4546-a681-2869599202c9_zpsb9b9da41.jpg

I really couldn't list just one thing! There is nothing she can't do, but one of my favourite things is the way she will be so loving and sweet and chill out with me happily but as soon as I switch her on, she is a machine and works as hard as she can at whatever I ask her to do.