Save Hugo Campaign

Little Gifts

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm just worried some nutter will actually go try to steal Hugo from the pound... although from the sounds of things, they'd possibly get bitten by him in the process... lol!

T.

You know what T I thought that myself. Not the biting part lol but the fact that someone would actually steal him from the pound. I remember it happened at Gosford Pound years ago, they had bolt cutters and just went in and stole their dog back! Gosford Pound is in a very isolated spot though and no one would be any the wiser if someone went and broke in. They have security systems in place now.

I'm just worried some nutter will actually go try to steal Hugo from the pound... although from the sounds of things, they'd possibly get bitten by him in the process... lol!

T.

You know what T I thought that myself. Not the biting part lol but the fact that someone would actually steal him from the pound. I remember it happened at Gosford Pound years ago, they had bolt cutters and just went in and stole their dog back! Gosford Pound is in a very isolated spot though and no one would be any the wiser if someone went and broke in. They have security systems in place now.

Yes there are a number of people offering to do it.

People have broken in to our local pound before and taken a number of dogs.

Sorry but why Cairns? Has that been explained anywhere?

She said something about family. But she refers to her supporters on that page as family sometimes too... So I'm not really sure. I find it hard to understand most of the stuff she says.

I think someone in Cairns made an offer to take him for them. It didn't sound to me like she actually knew them but who knows what the truth is - it seems to be flexible at her house.

A pei owning DOLER gave her BAWP's info very early on in her campaign but she took the public media pressure route at the time. BAWP might choose to have a say in whether they choose to represent this nutter.

I love how she doesn't trust council unless she has it 'written in writing' when in fact they have been the biggest liars all along! They have not done one thing they have agreed to since Hugo first came to council's attention. I bet they haven't even made their fences escape proof.

I still remember the most beautiful bull terrier boy that I was trying to get out of a pound a couple of years back but the council weren't willing to work with me because I was interstate. At the last minute a rescue had their name on him but someone broke into that pound and stole all the dogs they could use for fighting or bait. I can still see his face and wonder what happened to him. People are ar*seholes.

Edited by Little Gifts

There'a a massive problem in Cairns with dogs being stolen for fighting.

I was there late last year and was horrified at what a number of people told me - dog owners and other people, about the problems in the area. This was in Cairns and quite a few of the different towns in FNQ.

I wouldn't be sending a dog like Hugo to Cairns.

Looks like he has gone south to NSW

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/09/01/14/27/hugo-the-dog-freed-from-death-row

The story says he has gone over the border (I realise that could mean any border but the closest one is NSW, so I just assumed)..

Hopefully the new family creates safety and containment and love for Hugo. The Cairns Mayor needs to rephrase the statement to not being a Manus Island for recalcitrant owners I think! Did those people take in any feedback????

Edited by Lady Flying Furball

Looks like he has gone south to NSW

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/09/01/14/27/hugo-the-dog-freed-from-death-row

The story says he has gone over the border (I realise that could mean any border but the closest one is NSW, so I just assumed)..

FB quote says 'his Gran' is involved....

Allan Anderson We are so Happy for his release.... Wishing he could stay with his family but glad his Gran that loves him is going to have him

Poor poor dog.

:cry:

I can't bring myself to look at the facebook page anymore..

I only read the story online, so no who is taking him.

I thought the comment of the Cairns Mayor was pretty ordinary as well - by all means, say you don't want the dog there but his elaboration was disgusting.

Send him down to the Central Coast, roaming aggressive dogs are everywhere here and the rangers don't give a shit :mad

An irresponsible decision by Gold Coast council IMO, this dog is now free to attack and harass members of the public and their innocent pets somewhere else, that is wrong on every level.

Edited by HazyWal

I don't have an issue with the dog's life being spared and him being rehomed as with a responsible owner who didn't let him roam, didn't let him off leash to rush people/dogs and who trained him and took care of him, he would quite possibly be a great dog. I'm quite concerned that he's been allowed to go to the owner's mother though, as I see a lot of potential for similar attitudes to dog ownership or the family moving house and then taking Hugo back in a different council area, where they no doubt still won't look after him properly or protect the public from him.

Totally agree. I don't think this is the last time poor Hugo will come to the attention of council officers - it will just be a different council.

I hope that whoever has Hugo is experienced and responsible but after reading their facebook page it sounds like the owners are relocating and will keep the dog. It mentioned a relative will look after the dog until they can relocate. I really hope whoever ends up with Hugo does the right thing by him and the community as I would hate to hear that he ends up attacking a person or another animal.

Oh you're kidding?? I didn't know that a dangerous dog can be released and rehomed :/ I know a guy that took a dog from Wyong pound that had a nuisance order on it (for roaming not aggression) but a dangerous dog is a whole nother thing!

ETA that FB page should be shut down. Not only are they dickheads but they're dangerous dickheads :mad

Edited by HazyWal

I haven't seen the page for myself as I'm not on FB any more but I was told that the existing owner can't comply with the dangerous dog requirements and Barristers Animal Welfare Panel are trying to help find a new home before the dog is destroyed, so the page has posted this big plea for people to step up and take the dog and to email someone at BAWP directly but without fully disclosing the situation. Apparently people are then bombarding BAWP with emails when they've got dogs, cats, kids etc and have no concept of what owning a declared dangerous dog means and the page is full of people wanting to take the dog if it's good with kids and dogs and tagging everyone they know who might be in a position to adopt a dog. What a freakin' waste of everyone's time, especially BAWP's.

Yeah I think I saw that, the dog was an American Bulldog, all that was supplied was a photo and the info that her her owner could not comply with requirements and was about to be destroyed and so many people were just commenting saying they would have her in a heartbeat but I doubt any of them would still feel that way when they find out the truth.

I really hope they page doesn't become a platform to jailbreak dogs with dangerous dog orders...