How Old Is/was Your Oldest Dog?

Blackdogs

I have a JRT who will be 15 in February. Mac was born with an eye condition which has meant that he has been effectively blind for most of his life and totally blind for the last 3 or 4 years. He also now appears to be totally deaf and has probably had a mild stroke as he walks with his head at a bit of an angle HOWEVER he is happy as a pig in mud, spends hours every day walking around our acre property and has no signs of arthritis at all. Everytime I walk outside and see him, laying flat, asleep on the grass I have to check he is still alive but so far so good. Such an awesome little dog.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Brittney, Mac, 14 and still kicking!

He has had a range of issues his whole life. Taught me not to buy from a pet shop ever since. He was from one, and i expect his mother and father were related. Had hip dysplasia (can run sideways, always funny), is epileptic, has had arthritis, and the list goes on. He's now fairly blind, deaf as a post but loving life. Lives on a small farm with my dad, and his brother (6 yr old Brittney - not bought from a pet store). Mac is more active than him though, he is always our running around on the farm whenever my dad goes out. Is also a complete legend. Believe it or not, he caught (and ate) 13 rabbits in one week. Used to have a problem with them, then Mac ate them! Unfortunately don't have a photo of him, at least not one that less than 7 or so years old.