Volunteers Needed For Pet Therapy Program

huski

Hi guys

K9 Pro run a pet therapy program in conjunction with the charity Boystown at their North Richmond facility. The program is designed to help improve the literacy skills and self esteem of disadvantaged children.

We have a new roster due to start over the next few weeks and are looking for some more volunteers with dogs that are suitable for therapy work. We have been running this program for a while now and the feedback has been fantastic. You can read more about it on our blog here;

http://blog.k9pro.com.au/k9-angels-pets-for-therapy/

You need to be available on a Monday afternoon once a month and able to get to North Richmond (NSW).

If you are interested or know someone who might be, just send me a PM or email to [email protected] - all dogs must pass a free temp assessment by Steve, and volunteers are required to complete a working with children check.

:thanks:

For anyone that is considering it and thinks their dog may suit I highly recommend it. We started working in hospitals down here around 4 weeks ago and it has quickly become my dogs favourite part of the week. She gets such a waggy tail when she realises where we are!

Bonn would sit anywhere and not move :laugh:

She passed the temp test to do the school education programme, but I couldn't commit to it a couple of years ago.

I could do one day a month if you think her breed would be ok?

• 2 weeks later...

Bonn would sit anywhere and not move :laugh:

She passed the temp test to do the school education programme, but I couldn't commit to it a couple of years ago.

I could do one day a month if you think her breed would be ok?

Hey Juice, definitely! There is no issue with breeds, we have bull breeds, GSDs, Rotties etc who have or currently are taking part in the program :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...