Stuffing-less Toy

miss2

A lady that I do agility with put me on to these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/301308342156?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107

I just buy the cheapie ones from Woolworths in the mop aisle and it cost me about $6 although you can probably get them from the Reject Shop cheaper. Kirah loves tugging and killing them. Zeus not so much :laugh:

The other popular option is to get a toy like the Holee Roller or Holee Molee and stuff it with fabric or similar. Then your dog can de stuff it over and over again.

Norty Brown Dawg Wilbur loves his Holee Molee - he thought it was the best thing ever when i stuffed strips of fabric into it. I bought it to help him stop ripping the stuffing out of his softies; it worked a treat. He hasn't ripped the guts out of any of his stuffies since we got it.

If you buy yourself some fleece fabric you can make long tug toys, ones with big knots in the middle, double ones, round ones and one of our faves which is like an octopus (it has an old ball or old stuffing for the head. You will often find fleece remnants in op shops too and it is extremely wide so you get loads of toys from it and it is quite durable. You should try and cut your fabric so that the stretch is sideways though or you will end up with very thin and long tug toys! Another fave in this house are fleece pom pom balls. It took me forever to work out how they were made (I have a secret recipe!) and of course they get destroyed quite quickly but the dogs love them so I still make them. I also now make something I call Kitty Bombs from fleece remnants (another secret recipe) that are very popular with the feline community. Who knew fleece fabric had so many uses!

You can also make the same toys from cutting up old t-shirts.

And we are another household with a Holee Roller/Molee that contains old stuffing and fleece remnants that works a treat for a destructo dog!

Edited by Little Gifts

Soooo many ideas!! Thanks everyone  we pick up our new puppy next weekend so im sure we are going to end up with 2 stuffing killers!

River Star, I LOVE that idea of the Mop head!!!

Huski, i'm ordering one of those right now :)

the Holee Roller filled with stuffing is an awesome idea thank you!! oh my god my lounge room is going to be full of fabric haha

Edited by miss2

The Kyjen invincible range is awesome :D

Rory agrees ... some enabler on DOL introduced me to them .. Rory has a 6 squeaker python ... more roll eyes from Kirra.

Yes they are great! Very durable for a plush toy! Kyjen make great stuff

Piper we have them listed for $26.95

http://www.k9pro.com...nvincibles.html

Oh no don't tell me that!!! Could do with a replacement for when the sections of the snake finally die....

And Tassie, no, no one on DOL would enable, never! LOL

ETA: Just had a look Huski - they are the 6 squeaker 1. Mine is the ginormous 10 or 12 squeaker 1 - over 1.5m long (or was when it was in 1 piece)

Edited by piper

Oh no don't tell me that!!! Could do with a replacement for when the sections of the snake finally die....

ETA: Just had a look Huski - they are the 6 squeaker 1. Mine is the ginormous 10 or 12 squeaker 1 - over 1.5m long (or was when it was in 1 piece)

Ah goodo! As far as I am aware, (at least according to their website) Kyjen don't make those any more - just the 6 and 3 squeaker models now! So stock up if you can find somewhere that still has the 12 squeakers in stock :)

Ah goodo! As far as I am aware, (at least according to their website) Kyjen don't make those any more - just the 6 and 3 squeaker models now! So stock up if you can find somewhere that still has the 12 squeakers in stock :)

Well the link I shared says 1.6m long but then in the description it says 2 or 6 squeaker so not sure. A shame they got rid of the super long 1 - it is awesome for multiple dogs. It does get very loud though, lol

I do love the look of the frog though...

The Kyjen invincible range is awesome :D

I have to agree with this ... I started my ridgeback x at obedience this term and was told to bring in a toy for them to play with. So off I go and buy a $30 gorilla for him ... well it lasted less than 5 min and stuffing was blowing everywhere lol So I tried the invincible toys and they are still going strong :D

I bought this one from Coles yesterday and I was NOT a hit. I think it’s because it’s not soft on the inside ( like a toy with stuffing would be) he squeaked it once, looked at me in disgust and dropped it lol

Hopefully some of the others will be more successful lol little fussy turd!

post-41414-0-50679100-1411518319_thumb.jpg