Do You Have An Entire Male Dog Inside?

Stitch

I have a 3.5 year old entire male Newfoundland in the house that doesn't mark inside. He has a doggy door to go out when he wants and has never been used at stud.

I have four other dogs in the house two are desexed males and two desexed females. I did have a brief problem a couple of months ago which resulted in throwing out a leather lounge suite.

It turned out that my 12 year old female poodle was having bladder problems so my Jack Russell was marking over it. She is on medication now so the problem has pretty much gone away.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep for his entire life. He is 7yo

He has never marked anything inside at home. He has at a friends when we stayed there but not here

Never had an issue. I could leave him in all day and not worry

I have had more issues with bitches than i have with my dogs

I have a desexed male dog who is a mad keen marker outside but is absolutely bomb proof inside the house. Never had a problem with him peeing somewhere he shouldn't or stealing things he shouldn't (with the exception of the cats food :mad )

However, recently, I took him with me to a friends house, where he has been plenty of times before. They had to have their very elderly dog put to sleep a few months ago, and my dog hasn't been there since then. Before they took their dog to the vet, he had been having accidents in the house, when he just couldn't make it to a door in time, so there were a few spots where he had peed on the carpet. My dog went and peed on one of those spots. I was absolutely mortified and couldn't work out why he had done it, particularly as he got on well with their dog and it would be 5 or 6 months since he was put down, maybe even longer.

Other dogs, I have had a whole male who I never had any problems with and one that I adopted from the RSPCA as a 5/6yo male, who had only just been desexed. I probably had one or two accidents with him when I first got him, but not after that. Humping though, was a whole other story :o He never stopped.

Entire male Kelpie here. Has never toileted inside since I got him as a 9 week old pup. He recently spent some time inside with an entire, un-toilet trained male who marked all over the house. Although he would mark over the top outside he still didn't try to countermark inside.