$2500 For A Pomeranian Puppy Serious

ka89

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in Perth and got a puppy from Adelaide. Dogtainers and Jetpets transport pets including puppies, you can have a look on their websites and they were helpful to explain everything when I rang to ask questions. We used Jetpets.

Have you looked at the listings with registered breeders here on DOL? There are a couple ready to go now, including one priced at $1200 - all from registered breeders... Even with the cost of transportation it will be a big saving for a much better dog!

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/puppies/pomeranian.asp

Rothlynne and Jordysong advertising at the moment both very good Breeders (both show) and both very well priced!

Why is the little one has white body colour and black on the face, any idea what will he looks like when he grows(colour)?

Guest donatella

Have you looked at the listings with registered breeders here on DOL? There are a couple ready to go now, including one priced at $1200 - all from registered breeders... Even with the cost of transportation it will be a big saving for a much better dog!

Rothlynne and Jordysong advertising at the moment both very good Breeders (both show) and both very well priced!

Why is the little one has white body colour and black on the face, any idea what will he looks like when he grows(colour)?

which one are you looking at? They are REALLY hard to predict adult colouring as they change a lot. Best idea would be to ask to see photos of the parents, who are you looking at? I would look into Rothlynne. My friend just bought a Rothlynne pup and he is ADORABLE.

10394573_10152345796453702_4387769332182797866_n.jpg?oh=8e41bf1debd2cf167cda75aa8da50877&oe=54C0A993&__gda__=1421513452_45853e5c4f2dacbd4c0002a8798f3c11

And this is my big girl at 2 years old, she has the best temperament!

10644808_10152678956464827_3087092884939868422_n.jpg?oh=cc716a4042f93ebbc1f8d56d7ffcec28&oe=5488CD07&__gda__=1417896793_0f10116b764f490c0539e0daaaad88aa

Edited by donatella

While I can understand the excitement and desire to get a pup "NOW!" I have to encourage patience. I waited well over a year for the perfect opportunity to present itself, and then the rest of the pregnancy and puppyhood until I got my girl.

And boy is she worth it!

I am not a patient person, as my parents and husband will testify, but all I have to think is that this dog will be a companion for up to fifteen years - is it worth making a hurried decision now for immediate (and perhaps later regretted) satisfaction - or wait a while and be totally and utterly satisfied for fifteen or more years.

Find a breeder who’s dogs you love and talk to them! That’s what we did. We narrowed it down to 3 breeders and were on waiting lists with each of them ( we told each breeder we were talking to others) the first breeder to have a litter didn’t have anything suitable, the second didn’t have the gender we wanted, the third has produced the most amazing perfect pup that fits in with us in everything we wanted!! We pick her up tomorrow :)

Many, MANY years ago I used to manage a large chain pet shop. Every Thursday I would get a list faxed to me of available pups. The list had anywhere up to 30 different breeds and litters on it. pups were not all from one place and were not considered from puppy farms. There was an individual puppy agent whose job it was to source pups from different BYB’s and then on sell them to us.

Whilst the petshop may say they do not support puppy farms, if they sell pups in store then they support irresponsible back yard breeding.

( before I get attacked, this was a long time ago that I was in this role and un educated about byb)

which one are you looking at? They are REALLY hard to predict adult colouring as they change a lot. Best idea would be to ask to see photos of the parents, who are you looking at? I would look into Rothlynne. My friend just bought a Rothlynne pup and he is ADORABLE.

10394573_10152345796453702_4387769332182797866_n.jpg?oh=8e41bf1debd2cf167cda75aa8da50877&oe=54C0A993&__gda__=1421513452_45853e5c4f2dacbd4c0002a8798f3c11

10644808_10152678956464827_3087092884939868422_n.jpg?oh=cc716a4042f93ebbc1f8d56d7ffcec28&oe=5488CD07&__gda__=1417896793_0f10116b764f490c0539e0daaaad88aa

She has one pup avaliable only I think? Here. i95967985._szw530h275_.jpgi95967993._szw530h275_.jpg

Don't you have a young GR too, I hope you are prepared for the amount of work that two young dogs will need :)

We are all expected the little monster will make more trouble then our GR(He is real a talented professional digger!), we are all mature enough to unterstand once the pups came in the house, they are our family members for the whole life.

Is it's coming from a pet shop in Mt Lawley? They may say they don't source from puppy farms but I wouldn't believe it. The amount of puppies they have coming through that place is unreal! Please find a decent ethical breeder and don't give this pet shop your money as it will only encourage more byb/puppy farming :mad

Just pointing out that a dogs pregnancy doesn't take 6 months, only 2 :) If the breeder you like in WA is planning a mating near the end if the year, if successful you could have your puppy before Easter.

Edited by LisaCC

Is it's coming from a pet shop in Mt Lawley? They may say they don't source from puppy farms but I wouldn't believe it. The amount of puppies they have coming through that place is unreal! Please find a decent ethical breeder and don't give this pet shop your money as it will only encourage more byb/puppy farming :mad

Oh my god they are famous, how did you know!? Don't tell the name here we don't want to have any legal problem.

Why on earth would you go to as pet shop for a puppy ?

Don't you have any understanding of what goes on behind the scenes to supply pet shops with puppies ?

While I am not a fan of extremists this link will give you a clue

http://www.alv.org.au/storyarchive/0504prisoners/index.php

Of course they will all say they come from a breeder. Dogs have to come from a breeder, they don't find them on the side of the road , but there are various types of breeders & the shops purpose is to shift pups as quick as possible & make maximum profit. That is all.

No pet shop would ever say to a customer I don't know what the place is like or it is a puppy farm. Would they ?

Find a reputable registered breeder. That is registered with their states canine association not just council registered to breed any kind of dogs.

Do some research into what health issues, checks & certificates are needed for this breed & then if you know anyone in the state where a puppy you would like lives ask them to visit & check out the conditions the pup is raised in.

Otherwise put your name down for a pup in your state & wait. Then you can visit personally too.

Pet shops are not the place anyone with any social conscience goes to buy a cat or dog.

go to a breeder, you don't get papers for petshop puppies and you won't know if it is a purbred Pom or not.

Pom Breeders in Perth are rare unlike east coast.

Can we buy the puppy from east coast and ship it to Perth? Does this allowed to buy puppy from other state and ship to another state?

Yes - a lot of people do this - my last pup was from Brisbane and I am in Perth :)

Would you mind advise me the procedure to do that?

The breeder will organise with you as they do it all the time, don't stress about that part.

Yesterday, I paid for a pup to be transported from Melbourne to Adelaide next Friday; $107 including crate hire (pp40) and i opted to spend and extra $30 for a travel liner that wiks the urine away if puppy urinates in the crate. The breeder organised it as they get special breeder rates. This is the second time i've done this through Jet Pets in the past three years. Last time i opted to purchase the crate and it was about $50 more along with the wiki liner. The breeder organises it, I then contact Jetpets with the quote number that my breeder gives me, pay via credit card on the phone and then the breeder and i are both emailed the paperwork of payment etc.

easy peasy!

edited to add:

buy in haste and repent at leisure...was standing in line in a pet store recently (doesn't sell live animals) behind a family group with a small dog of 16 weeks. They had purchased it a few months before at a well known pet store in Adelaide city; the family were telling the checkout girl the health issues the dog had from the moment they got it home; it's been at the vets for weeks and weeks; was under weight and had numerous other issues. They had spent a fortune in vet fees and the dog was only 4 months old embarrass.gif When you buy from petstores you are perpetuating the supply and demand of puppies...those puppies DO NOT come from ethical registered breeders; they come from puppy farms and back yard breeders who have no concern for the welfare of the dogs that they use as breeding stock nor the puppies that are produced.

Take your time, fine a good quality registered dog from an ethical breeder; your bank balance will thank you!

Edited by suziwong66

Guest donatella

She has one pup avaliable only I think? Here. i95967985._szw530h275_.jpgi95967993._szw530h275_.jpg

That is jordysong contact rothlynne, she breeds her show poms to get excellent pups

Just a word of warning.,I got caught 5 years ago.Living in the Sth.Island NZ,most dog breeders are in Nth,.Consequently I always buy up there and fly puppy down.Always great results until I wanted another Japanese Spitz.I thought I researched well ,agreed to pay $1200 with limited papers . She arrived and was absolutely gorgeous! But one glance told me she was NOT a JS. She was probably crossed with a Pom or Chihuahua. Rang the breeder immediately,she denied it .To cut a long story short ,many phone calls etc,she agreed to swap the puppy.

This was a month later and by now we both loved Lulu.,and would have had pay the flights,.Needless to say,we kept her,and she is beautiful ,however she is not a purebred,.I now will only buy if I sight the puppy and do a lot of research .Breeder did turn out to be supplying pet shops etc. Please think carefully and don't be conned like we were.

Would you mind advise me the procedure to do that?

Usually you can get help from your breeder. so say you pick a puppy from the East coast, you would talk with them & work out what to do.

As Yonjuro said, we have a member on this forum Wayrod who does transport as well.

You wait until puppy is a certain age too.

:)

PIAA (pet industry association of Australia ) member pet stores will claim their puppies are from "registered breeders" and what that means is that the industry approved commercial dog breeding facility ( ie, puppy farm) that they source their puppies from is registered with the local council/ shire with all the approvals to operate. In other words, a 'registered' puppy farm. And yes, sadly, one of our main pet industry bodies really does encourage their member stores to source puppies from these registered council approved puppy factories. They justify this by telling you they only support ethical registered commercial puppy breeders, but not those dodgy puppy farms. :banghead::banghead:

Yep +1

Yep +1

+ 2 :(

But that goes for all pet shops. I echo everyone here - it's just not worth the risk, you have no idea what you'll be getting, including temperament issues (separated from mother, good breeding, raised around people or just in a box!?).