$2500 For A Pomeranian Puppy Serious

ka89

Family is looking for a second dog we decided to go for a pomeranian. It is not from a breeder though, so we didn't ask the price before we go to there, we expected the price would be no more than $1600 (our 1st golden retriever pup is $1600).

We were shock when we heard about the pom pup is $2500 @ around 10weeks with no papers(They claim they do not support puppy farm/mill, however, if they are from breeder, they should come with a paper right?).

To be honest we love that pup, If he is from breeder, even if the breeder wanted to sell $2500, we will pay for him. However, pup with no papers and cannot verify where are they come from and asking for $2500, I think they are not sincere. Normally how much would a pom puppy from a pet shop be? What do you guys think?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to a breeder, you don't get papers for petshop puppies and you won't know if it is a purbred Pom or not.

Pom Breeders in Perth are rare unlike east coast.

Can we buy the puppy from east coast and ship it to Perth? Does this allowed to buy puppy from other state and ship to another state?

go to a breeder, you don't get papers for petshop puppies and you won't know if it is a purbred Pom or not.

Can we buy the puppy from east coast and ship it to Perth? Does this allowed to buy puppy from other state and ship to another state?

Yes - a lot of people do this - my last pup was from Brisbane and I am in Perth :)

The end of the year is only 3 months away :)

Yes, plus the prengat takes up to 6months so it would be at least the mid of next year.

Try to think this way...

If you wait you get the very best and so rushing might mean something different.

Puppy is for many happy years with you & your family. Try to have the very best to be with you.

:)

Guest donatella

DO NOT BUY IT as cute as it is now it will grow to the size of a Beagle.

Buy from a Breeder where you can see the parents and get an idea of size. A show Pom on Mains is worth $2500 and a pet on limited between $800 and $1500. If you need breeder recommendations please let me know!

Guest donatella

Hmm that WA breeder basically has a different price for each colour / gender - is this normal?

White and Parti's generally more expensive

Guest donatella

Have you looked at the listings with registered breeders here on DOL? There are a couple ready to go now, including one priced at $1200 - all from registered breeders... Even with the cost of transportation it will be a big saving for a much better dog!

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/puppies/pomeranian.asp

Rothlynne and Jordysong advertising at the moment both very good Breeders (both show) and both very well priced!

Yes - a lot of people do this - my last pup was from Brisbane and I am in Perth :)

Would you mind advise me the procedure to do that?

Guest donatella

Would you mind advise me the procedure to do that?

The breeder will organise with you as they do it all the time, don't stress about that part.