Tag And Puck To The Rescue

Kirislin

Arkey first met my whippets Tag and Puck, when he was about 6 months old he really liked them. They've always been good with him when ever they meet, including him in their sometimes rough games but moderating it slightly so as not to hurt him. When ever he comes to visit now he gets really excited and Marcus and I joke and say that Arkey says to himself, when I grow up I want to be just like Tag and Puck. It's as if he idolises them, and they seem to treat him like the little kid that he is, but on the weekend they did something really sweet and I was so proud of them.

We went to an Iggy play day at a dog park and I took my 3 whippets and Neko. Marcus brought all of his IGs along. Arkey was playing with another IG who was very speedy and took him by surprise, because Arkey knows he's pretty quick himself. He took a tumble and sat up a bit confused. Straight away Tag rushed in and stood by him and immediately after Puck was there too and they were like 2 bouncers breaking up a fight (although it wasn't a fight) and sent Lupi, the other IG away. There was no aggression but they were definitely protecting their little mate Arkey. Dont believe me? I managed to get the photos to prove it. :D I was so happy when I saw these pics, I really think they tell a story, and I'm so proud of my big goofy body guards. :heart:

Arkey's just done a somersault here and sat up looking dazed and confused. Tag's rushed in to stand over him protectively.

15390928830_d8bf3036e4_c.jpg5F6A5570dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Puck backs up his brother and together they wrap themselves around Arkey and tell Lupi he has to back off.

15390414748_e73ea7f707_c.jpg5F6A5571dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

Tag and Puck are oversized whippets, they're not fat but they've got alot of bone and weigh about 18kgs when they're really muscled up, way too big for the showring (IMO) Arkey's fairly big for an IG, the standard says their top weight is supposed to be 5kgs but he's more than that. There were some tiny IGs there though that made even Neko look like a Clydesdale :laugh: and she weighs 4.3kgs

Well, after being such heroes on Saturday the boys really blotted their copy books today. Iggy mum and I went out for a hour or so and left them in her house. We checked that there were not pills or food within reach on the benches because when she looked after them for me while I was in hospital they got up on her kitchen benches and ransacked them. Yep, every thing ok and out of reach, so we thought. I forgot that she has a kitchen tidy. Why do they call them that. Anyway, it's now a kitchen untidy because this is the sight that greeted us when we returned. They took rubbish into every room they had access to so they could comfortably lick the contents of old containers. Luckily they didn't open that bottle of cream, I dread to think of the mess they would have made of that.

15404276098_e24342c0fe_c.jpgIMG_0608dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

I can just imagine her own dogs looking on in awe and saying we dont do that here, but then throwing caution to the wind and joining in on the garbage smorgasbord

Edited by Kirislin

I wonder if my dogs will have inspired hers to try it again now.

When she looked after mine I warned her that they're counter surfers. She thought everything was whippet safe but when she came home one day the boys had been up on her kitchen bench and rummaged through a bowl that she leaves her "to do" paperwork in. At the very bottom they found some long forgotten mint leaves lollies in a sealed packet. They ripped it open, pulled all the lollies out, licked all the sugar off them and squished them into the carpet. :o

Most of the time they're very good boys. :laugh:

Well, after being such heroes on Saturday the boys really blotted their copy books today. Iggy mum and I went out for a hour or so and left them in her house. We checked that there were not pills or food within reach on the benches because when she looked after them for me while I was in hospital they got up on her kitchen benches and ransacked them. Yep, every thing ok and out of reach, so we thought. I forgot that she has a kitchen tidy. Why do they call them that. Anyway, it's now a kitchen untidy because this is the sight that greeted us when we returned. They took rubbish into every room they had access to so they could comfortably lick the contents of old containers. Luckily they didn't open that bottle of cream, I dread to think of the mess they would have made of that.

15404276098_e24342c0fe_c.jpgIMG_0608dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

I can just imagine her own dogs looking on in awe and saying we dont do that here, but then throwing caution to the wind and joining in on the garbage smorgasbord

Just look who is licking their lips..............,maybe it wasn't the boys after all !! Just sayin'' :shrug: