Panacur 25

Rude

Hi all what is a good worm preventative for dogs as we have a kelpie x and nothing seems to work on him, we have tried all the expensive medications to no avail then somebody told us about " Fenbendazole " and after looking this up came up with " panacur 25 " it is supposed to be for farm animals, but can treat domestic as well. Does anybody know what the correct dosage would be as I have been told 1ml for 2kg. So for my 30kg dog I would give him 15ml. for 3 days. Thanks

He sure does as I saw the little white buggers the other day when doing the pooper scooper thing. And have seen the same white worms quite a few times now. They are about 1cm long by 1mm. Any other suggestions what they might be if not worms?

For regular worming I give 1ml per 10kgs body weight.

To treat giardia I give 2mls per 10kgs body weight 3 days in a row.

It's brilliant stuff! I've been using it for years.

Eta: you need to work all the dogs and the cats on the property the same day or they just reinfect each other.

Edited by indigirl

Hi all what is a good worm preventative for dogs as we have a kelpie x and nothing seems to work on him, we have tried all the expensive medications to no avail then somebody told us about " Fenbendazole " and after looking this up came up with " panacur 25 " it is supposed to be for farm animals, but can treat domestic as well. Does anybody know what the correct dosage would be as I have been told 1ml for 2kg. So for my 30kg dog I would give him 15ml. for 3 days. Thanks

He's a BIG kelpie...what is he crossed with ???

I would suggest that by your description the dog has Tape worm segments. Worm with a Tape wormer.

If the dog has fleas this is where the tape worm is coming from. Get rid of the fleas and worm and you will get rid of the tape worm. Fleas are the host for the tape worm.