Current Vcat Trial

huck house

When will they realise that these dogs are no danger to the community and should be returned to their owners. Or in the worst case, rehomed to a state that has none of this rubbish legislation or will accept the reports that he is not a PB.

A dog that has been locked up for 30+ months and he is still stable and docile, according to the assessments.

Mylo's story is so sad and unfair.

Kerser's story is pretty similar and I think his case is back before VCAT soon as well.

Just heartbreaking.

Listened to a talk from Brimbank City Council at the Australian Institute of Animal Management conference a couple of weeks ago. They'll go to the end to kill this dog.

Does sound like Victoria may get a new government soon, I wonder if this will have any affect on these cases?

If I was in Victoria I would be letting the Liberal government know exactly why I wasn't voting for them.

Listened to a talk from Brimbank City Council at the Australian Institute of Animal Management conference a couple of weeks ago. They'll go to the end to kill this dog.

That is just heartbreaking - all over what he looks like (nothing to do with his temperament at all)..

Would they let him leave the state - that seems to be a popular option these days.

That is just heartbreaking - all over what he looks like (nothing to do with his temperament at all)..

Would they let him leave the state - that seems to be a popular option these days.

Nope. They're going to the bitter end. They said they were worried about him because he's a lot like the dog that killed Ayen Chol (which happened in their Council area). When questioned as to whether he meant behaviourally he stumbled on his words and said not really and basically just said the dog looks the same appearance-wise.

It was odd as the officer clearly had a relationship with the dog and said he's a sook, and said that he will be with him when he is put to sleep, but at the same time was all for enforcing this legislation and was very disparaging (i.e: defamatory) of the people in VIC who fund the appeals and other Councils that haven't declared any dogs. I guess that's cognitive dissonance in action right there.

Total ignorance of any common sense.

Why can't they see that just because one dog does something, doesn't mean another will do the same thing.

As a dog lover (and particularly a bull breed lover and rescuer), it breaks my heart to see dogs in this position..

I don't know how anyone can meet one and not fall in love with them but that's just me.

I wonder at the chance of ever having this legislation revoked?

Or my biggest fear, it spreading to every part of the country.

Seriously. This breaks my heart. When does plain common sense come into play? Whose ego is so invested in killing this dog?

Breed legislation is ridiculous.

License OWNERS.

Ban OWNERS.

Not dogs.

I'm heart sick. A 3 yr old dog who's spent 2 years of his life confined and is STILL assessed as being a suitable therapy dog? That dog is one in a million and I bet the staffy in him contributes no small part to his nature.

Where do I donate?

Edited by Stressmagnet

Perhaps if we find a picture of an inmate of death row somewhere in the world who looks like the CEO of Brimbank and demand the death penalty based on the similarity in looks, the council might come to understand the immorality of their stance.

After ignoring two Supreme Court decisions, it is quite obvious they are not going to understand the illegality of their stance.

It is painfully obvious that they are just attempting to bully this through, all we can do is continue to support those who are contesting the action, and continue to speak out against it.