Pet Gps Trackers

miss2

Just wondering if anyone has one of these of any brand or can recommend a brand?

This one seems to be the best I can find so far http://www.pettracker.com/.

I’m wondering if any of the cheaper ebay versions would be any good.

Appreciate any feedback you might have :)

I looked into this a while ago but most of them require mobile phone coverage to work (therefore a sim card and a plan or prepaid), the only one that didn't was the Sportsdog one which was really expensive.

That one that you have linked is an American one and isn't supported in Australia. This one is similar but for Australia.

http://pettrackingoz.com.au/products/petrek-lt-905g

I ended up not bothering as I was looking for something for when we went camping and most places we go don't have any mobile coverage.

They are good denali but only work within a few hundred metres of a user so you or another registered user has to be close to them anyway. I looked at them for my problem human child :D

I overlooked that bit :o

damn- they were looking good! I imagine there wouldnt be too many registered users. So probably not useful for anything except keys :laugh:

They are good denali but only work within a few hundred metres of a user so you or another registered user has to be close to them anyway. I looked at them for my problem human child :D

whoops. Double post :o

Edited by denali

You have to ask your friends to track a specific Tile, as I understand it. There is a similar product, http://www.thetrackr.com/ that sends you co-ordinates when anyone with their app installed is near a lost item, which seems far more useful.

I clip a cheap ebay GPS tracker to my dog when we go mountain bike riding. The battery only lasts a day or so, but I can send a text message to him and it updates me with his co-ordinates immediately, so long as he is in mobile phone range. I put a $2 Amaysim sim in it, they will bill me when I rack up $15 of these texts (so never).

Yes, it's a little bigger than a matchbox. Designed as an anti-theft or fleet tracking device. It works well wherever both you and your dog are in mobile range (and while the battery is charged). Probably not great if you want your dog to wear it every day.

We have a few of the aldi ones, required a $2 Telstra SIM in them but gives u detailed information about location and you can send a message to the number (the Telstra number from the SIM) and it will send you a satellite image of the location straight to your phone. Battery lasts 72 hrs from memory, possibly more.