Blackhawk Sells Out To Foreign Ownership

Dr_Joan

Does foreign ownership matter?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather buy an Australian Owned & Made product?

Just red an article that Australian pet food manufacturer BlackHawk has sold out to foreign ownership... such a shame, is this inevitable for all Australian companies?

It it likely quality will change. Mesterpet (also owned by EBOS) have all their products in Coles, so atleast this may see Blackhawk available in superrmarkets! :)

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/ebos-chews-into-australian-pet-market/story-e6frfkur-1227108409823

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have to understand that manufacturing will no longer be done in Australia for almost everything, no business can afford wages as high as ours are when they have to compete with other companies who pay for cheaper wages and can sell products cheaper.

We may not like it but we do have to accept it, now is the time to be looking at what can be done well here, like medical breakthroughs that are found here but always end up going straight to America or other countries to be developed.

Maybe stop selling all the crops to biofuel companies and instead developing more food here, to be exported, farming is what we are good at.

As best I can tell from my lastest pack - quality has already gone to hell... I've got crumbs not biscuits.

Won't feel the least bit guilty going back to nutro - especially since black hawk has leap frogged it in price with a corresponding *decrease* in quality.

Sad.

And to be taken over by an NZ company - oh the shame...

Do Masterpet actually manufacture under licence or are they just distributors?

I see that Eukanuba and Iams are among their brands. Very heavily promoted by sponsorships etc.

New Zealanders can manufacture decent pet food - Ziwipeak is a fantastic brand made there. It is not as readily available in Australia as it is in the US, oddly enough. :shrugs:

Black Hawk didn't manufacturer Black Hawk. It was made by a large export company. Although the export company may have a stake in Black Hawk now, that is a little unclear. Does the lady with GSD still own BH?

It has been an interesting journey to watch.

Manufacture will remain in SA and it will not be in Supermarkets

SA? Have they changed who makes it recently? It was being made by a Victorian company, unless they have a factory in SA.

I meant Australia lol I was typing and having a meeting at the same time :laugh: :o

SA? Have they changed who makes it recently? It was being made by a Victorian company, unless they have a factory in SA.

I meant Australia lol I was typing and having a meeting at the same time :laugh: :o

:laugh: Is this a SA thing? That all of Australia is really SA? :rofl:

We are tired of being down the bottom so try shameless self promotion :laugh:

Hmm I must have stuttered

Edited by casowner