The Adventures Of Ronin And Tigger - Update 29/05/17

Yonjuro

Classic bitey face :laugh: Looks to me like Tigger is saying "I'll show you teef, young puppy!"Lisa, baby Nova with his friend :love:

:laugh:

:rofl: love the meme :thumbsup: It's obvious Ronin in very gentle with Tigger even with rough play as greyhounds have skin like tissue paper that tears easily. I was picking a goober out of the corner of Stan's eye once and I actually took the fur off with my fingernail :eek:

Thanks HW, we did an enormous amount of bite inhibition training with Ronin, but I still think he is more gentle with Tigger than with my hands LOL. I still worry when he puts his mouth on Tiggers legs :eek: but so far there has been no broken skin. Last week I saw occasions when one on them had a bit of lip between the teeth and I was a bit concerned but again no squeaks or broken skin.

Tiggers owner called them the "teenage punks" - I wish I had a photo from yesterday when Ronin ducked under and crawled under Tiggers tummy :D, which was probably in response to Tigger's little game where he walks between the legs of his favourite humans which is okay for me as I am tall enough, but funny when he tries to squeeze through shorter people.

I find it amazing that they can play so rough but also can be so gentle and funny at the same time... anyone who doesn't thinks dogs can have a sense of humour needs to see these loonies tease each other :D

Maddie plays rough, she has taken so many bits out of poor Stan I couldn't count. Besides the fact she's a nasty biatch it's pretty easy to do. I'm sure for Ronin if there was the occassion that there was broken skin it would not be malicious, greyhounds can give as good as they get until there's an ouchy and then you may experience the "greyhound scream of death"...Stan's very good at that and Maddie craps herself :laugh:

I'd love to see more pics of these besties so I hope you can add more to this thread.

Makes me smile to see greys have fun :D

Guest hankodie

A golden retriever and a frenchie are best buddies here! 2 very very different breeds.

7T6uxMX.png

Edited by hankodie

Thank you greyt pics and I love the video!

Good try at catching Tigger Ronin but all you've got to remember dude is that they may be the fastest dog on the planet but they're sprinters not stayers, you'll catch him eventually :laugh:

Maddie plays rough, she has taken so many bits out of poor Stan I couldn't count. Besides the fact she's a nasty biatch it's pretty easy to do. I'm sure for Ronin if there was the occassion that there was broken skin it would not be malicious, greyhounds can give as good as they get until there's an ouchy and then you may experience the "greyhound scream of death"...Stan's very good at that and Maddie craps herself :laugh:

I'd love to see more pics of these besties so I hope you can add more to this thread.

Makes me smile to see greys have fun :D

Thanks HW :D

Yeah, it may happen one day but really hope not. The owner is really wonderful and I am sure she would be very understanding and of course I would offer to pay for anything that needed vet attention. Ronin is lucky as he has plenty of fluff to protect himself. It is great when you come across likeminded owners and we hope for the best but accept that like kids sometimes laughter ends in tears.

Poor Tigger got mauled by two beagles a couple of months ago and required mattress stitching to repair stomach muscles :mad These bloody owners dogs have attacked a few dogs and even bitten a dog owner on the stomach and back. He has been reported but apparently they still have continued going. For his sake I hope he is never there when I am, as I am no shrinking violet when it comes to stuff like this :mad

Looks like Ronin and Tigger have a great friendship, love the photos of them! How adorable is baby Nova with his friend :love: Louis thinks greyhounds make the best buddies, they even give up most of their bed for you :laugh:

Thanks CC :D I love your photos too, really wonderful :thumbsup:

Thank you greyt pics and I love the video! Good try at catching Tigger Ronin but all you've got to remember dude is that they may be the fastest dog on the planet but they're sprinters not stayers, you'll catch him eventually :laugh:

I know, it is funny when Ronin tries to cut him off at the sand pit. :laugh: You can hear Ronins frustration yelp near the beginning when he can't catch him :laugh:

Great video Yonjuro! You can tell Tigger is keeping his speed in check and keeps looking back to see if Ronin is keeping up with him :laugh:

Thanks, yeah it is so funny to watch the antics, we both are constantly laughing at these crazy dogs :thumbsup:

Great video Yonjuro! You can tell Tigger is keeping his speed in check and keeps looking back to see if Ronin is keeping up with him :laugh:

LOL, I thought that as well.

What a fabulous video to have.

CC, love those pix you posted.

Aww thanks DDD :) They were at it again this morning, sadly I left the camera at home. Twas the usual stuff though - run, wrestle, chomp each other, lie in the mud - repeat :laugh:

That video of them is great!

They really are good buddies - so cute :)

ETA: love his harness label :thumbsup:

Thanks Denali! :)

Only a true dog enthusiast would call these hooligans 'cute' :rofl:

I needed his name on the harness so people didn't think I had named him after Ronan Keating :D

I needed his name on the harness so people didn't think I had named him after Ronan Keating :D

Yeah that'd be embarrassing :laugh: Where did his name come from Yonjuro?

Yeah that'd be embarrassing :laugh: Where did his name come from Yonjuro?

:D The name comes from the Japanese term for a masterless samurai - I actually teach Japanese swordsmanship and often travel to Japan. To me the name was pretty original and was strong, I felt it matched the free spirited nature of a Siberian Husky. He was born on Halloween so his full pedigree name is Articpower Grey Ghost - the breeder let me choose his pedigree name (minus kennel name obviously)and all littermate had a halloween theme :)

Oh wow that's amazing :thumbsup:

The daughter of a dear friend of mine who passed away almost 12 months ago at age just 56 :( lived in Japan and taught English to Japanese kids. She taught us " beeru kudasai ima" totally wrong spelling I know but apparently it means "beer please now"??? lol

Ronin's name has a lot more meaning than my dear Stan who I named after a barman I worked with for years that only ever bet on the dishlickers :p

Sorry to go a bit OT there :o

Edited by HazyWal

The daughter of a dear friend of mine who passed away almost 12 months ago at age just 56 :( lived in Japan and taught English to Japanese kids. She taught us " beeru kudasai ima" totally wrong spelling I know but apparently it means "beer please now"??? lol

Ronin's name has a lot more meaning than my dear Stan who I named after a barman I worked with for years that only ever bet on the dishlickers :p

aw, dont let Stan read this.

He thinks he's Stan The Man.

:love:

Sorry to go a bit OT there :o

Stan is a cool name - I like it :) and thats a funny story too :thumbsup:

And yep, learning to ask for a beer is very important :thumbsup:

aw, dont let Stan read this.

He thinks he's Stan The Man.

:love:

In the words of Monty Python...he's not the messiah he's just a naughty boy :laugh:

No forgetting the camera Yonjuro, just when you think it's the same old same old they do something that makes you think "damn I wish I had the camera!"

Edited by HazyWal