Amazing Heelwork Videos

FalconRange

I'm looking to find some awesome heelwork examples on youtube etc. I know I've seen heaps of cool ones in the past, but of course, the minute I start looking for something is the minute I can't actually find what I'm looking for!

Has anyone got any particular favourites they'd like to share? Or even just cool personal brags? All videos welcome! :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking to find some awesome heelwork examples on youtube etc. I know I've seen heaps of cool ones in the past, but of course, the minute I start looking for something is the minute I can't actually find what I'm looking for!

Has anyone got any particular favourites they'd like to share? Or even just cool personal brags? All videos welcome! :D

Denise Fenzi has some great ones, and she's just done a series of specific elements of heelwork (Turns, halts, etc) on her blog;

http://denisefenzi.com/

Kamal Fernandez also has some great videos on youtube (he's brilliant to train with too)

I could watch good heel work all day long.

I'm in ore of anyone that does this well.

That is one of my dreams/ goals is to be able to do this.

Watching Kelly Gill in action for instance. Brings tears to my eye's really. Poetry in motion.

I really like this video put together by an obedience club in NZ, has some enthusiastic heelwork as well as lots of other obedience exercises. A fun way to show obedience isn't all boring! :)

Edited by DiscoDobe

Watching Kelly Gill in action for instance. Brings tears to my eye's really. Poetry in motion.

I'm the same BC, training heel work is my favourite thing, I love to watch great heel work.

I'm the same BC, training heel work is my favourite thing, I love to watch great heel work.

I just love to look at that photo of you & that adoring beagle!

Great videos on K9 Pro too.

:D

Edited by VizslaMomma

I love heel work too! Even my club trainers say it's the boring part but I really love training it.

I stewarded at a trial this year and found some of the heel work, even in the advanced levels quite sad to watch, dogs had zero enthusiasm. It's so great to see both dogs and handlers happy to be working!

I can get my dog round a rally course pretty easily but she really likes to know she's doing the right thing so currently I've got zero way of telling her that in the obedience ring where you're not supposed to look at your dog or talk to them except at the point where you're giving cues/commands.

So I could build duration for working with zero feedback - or I can do agility and rally :)

Mary Ray is exceptionally good, however over here she would be pinged for a crowding dog - yes I know this is what is acceptable over there and any gap is penalised - In the slow pace the dogs legs were actually at an angle to the floor as he was pressing against her legs so hard.

I do love the precision and animation all her dogs have, she is one talented lady and someone I aspire to