Do You Believe In Reincarnation?

My beautiful girl, Bella, passed away almost 2 years ago at the age of 11 from cancer. We got Bella from the RSPCA in Sydney when she was 8 months old. She hated cats, dogs that weren't bigger than her, children, men in hats, men with beards... When she first came to live with us, she would hide from the world by squeezing behind the couch (that's when she wasn't eating or playing with Casper). My hubby and I would take it in turns to sit on the couch and pat her and talk to her. Before long she was a confident, happy girl who just made our family complete for the next 10 years. Naturally I was devastated when she passed away.

This was Bella at age 11

post-6292-0-43961100-1418354481_thumb.jpg

Yesterday I was looking through Petrescue, out of curiosity more than anything else and came across this: Pet rescue link

If this dog was 1 year younger, I'd be convinced it's my girl. My husband sees it too.

Do you see it?

eta: you need to click on Bella's photo to enlarge it...then you can see what I'm talking about more clearly

Edited by White Shepherd mom

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit, I don't believe in reincarnation; but there is certainly an uncanny resemblance between those two Bellas! You must have done a double take when you saw it. They are both absolutely stunning by the way :) Are you thinking of maybe adopting Bella the 2nd?

Over the years I've seen several other staffords that look like my girl Stussy. I'd probably be freaked out if she had passed on and I ran into one of her twinsies. The weird thing is there are thousands of dogs on Pet Rescue and it is not like you can even search for a dog exactly like Bella so to come across one by accident - well it has to be a sign from your girl!

I don't know. I have squashed a few cockroaches & hoped they were revolting members of the human race that had come back but not really.

However if there is such a thing I think your search was an omen :)

Go & apply for Bella & if you don't get her fate may send you another dog to love from your application. Win win situation.

Without a doubt I believe!

What I believe even more strongly is that our passed pets "choose" a new addition, when the time is right, after all, they know the love their people have to offer, and the hole in their hearts.

The question is- "Are we listening?"

I was, and am so happy with the result.

Good luck if you are thinking of taking the next step in the journey

Di

What I believe even more strongly is that our passed pets "choose" a new addition, when the time is right, after all, they know the love their people have to offer, and the hole in their hearts.

Di

Oh that is so close to home...my daughter lost her lovely SWF about six months ago & she recently fell in love with a pup, even though she wasn't looking for one. This one is all black with white paws & she believed that her past dog was telling her that this was the one. It reminded her so much of her old boy except the colour was opposite. All the other pups sold but this one still remained un-spoken for at 7 weeks...so it had to be :)

Wow! So similar! And both gorgeous dogs. maybe you should apply?

1418361409[/url]' post='6610174']

Di

I Believe this too. Wholeheartedly.

I don't subscribe to a grand design, sometimes wonderful coincidences happen and you just go with it. Eleven days after Hank died I was sitting sobbing in the garden and this feral cockatiel flew in pursued by a horde of mynahs. She was "sent" but luckily was just what I needed.

I think you should just listen and accept what is given to you. My motto is stuff happens and then other stuff happens.

If this dog was 1 year younger, I'd be convinced it's my girl. My husband sees it too.

Do you see it?

eta: you need to click on Bella's photo to enlarge it...then you can see what I'm talking about more clearly

TBF< I did not even need to enlarge the photo.

There's a strong resemblence.

It's a subject I do believe in too. Similarities, coincidences, you name it. These things happen.

:love:

No the dog in my avatar is the Norty bulldog Jake. Hank was my big wolfie cross. Three years ago he passed and then I was kind of just reading dog stuff on the Internet, and then I found DOL and then for the first time ever checked the rescue section and there was norty bulldog. OH wanted a bulldog and so I drove to Canberra to check him out and the rest is history.

You couldnt get two more different dogs. Hank was an amazing dog, nickname of Hank the wonder dog, no dog was going to compare to him so I think it was better to get something completely different.

I have not stopped thinking of the "other" Bella since seeing her on the petrescue site. If it were my decision alone, I would have gone to get her already and she would be spending Christmas with a new family. Unfortunately my OH does not want another dog right now, apparently I get too focussed on my dogs to the detriment of my human relationships. I don't really believe my human relationships have improved since losing my dogs but that's just between you and me :(.

I knew you would all be supportive though, you're too cool :). I hope this beautiful girl finds a family who will take care of her and love her like she deserves.

That is sad, White Shepherd Mom. Don't give up just yet though, the stars will align one day for you and you will welcome a new friend into your family. I believe these pulls are stronger than us, and that people such as us, who have known the fulfillment of our pets, are destined to experience that again. It might not be this Bella, but Christmas miracles do happen too!

We do understand, and are always here for you when you need to vent, or share memories of your dogs.

Di