Fagan Park (syd) Frequenters, In Here Please

ruthless

Does anyone walk their dog in Fagan Park on a regular basis? Is it true that it's closed to the public at 6.30pm during daylight savings? Is there a pedestrian entrance and it's just the car parks that are closed or can no one access the park after that time?

Hi, I am a frequent user of Fagan Park during the day. Arcadia Road and Carrs Road are the major entry points for cars although you can park on the road and walk in to avoid car park fees. I think there is pedestrian access after 6.30pm but I am questioning that in my mind now because I do remember large entry gates. I will be going up there in a couple of days and could check this out for you if nobody else can give you an answer. Sadly no off leash areas here but my dogs are happy on longlines. Such a beautiful place :)

OK, I've just checked with Hornsby Council. There is no access after the gates are closed at 6.30pm. I was told this was due to security reasons for the facilities and buildings. Hope you are able to get there within opening hours as it is well worth the visit.

There are gates that shut cars out on both entrances, the Carrs rd one I don't think you can get through after hours.

I think at the main entrance on Arcadia Rd you can walk around the gates, I don't remember high fencing. Maybe check google street view? There could be a low fence though so I'm not 100% sure sorry.

ETA sorry posted at same time as MM.

Edited by Gertrude139

Have you been to Lake Parramatta? This has good bush walks and amazing views over the lake. Gates close at 7.30pm daylight savings. The walk around the lake is about 3.5kms with some rough terrain up and down hill - better than a gym workout.