Show Trolley

Airedaler

Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase a show trolley and at the moment the OKS one is at the top of my list. This is because of the overall height of the standard trolley and what will fit in my car. (the new car I bought because I was not ever going to another dog show with a dog!!!!1 :eek:) All the others bar one I have looked at are about 10 cm too high.

Could anyone who has an OKS trolley please give me some feedback on the durability, quality, wheels - size and are they durable or would bigger be better etc. and please feel free to comment on any other feature or fault. Can you attach a grooming arm to the trolley or should I ask for something to be included so I can (i.e. an umbrella holder that can be adapted to a grooming arm)

The chap from OKS seems quite helpful and happy to accommodate so it really is just a matter of deciding what to ask for.

A cheaper trolley (by about $100) could be bought but is it a case of paying for what you get? And I'm happy to support an Australian company in this case.

There is also someone in Vermont (Vic) who makes stainless steel trolleys, I think they go under the name of Ant Energy (also produce solar panels) I plan on looking into these next week when they re open. Anyone know anything about these?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Airedaler

I have just bought an OKS trolley so can't comment on durability etc but I asked about bigger wheels and I was assured the regular ones are fine, bigger would cost a heap more plus make it taller. I had some mods made, at no extra cost. A horizontal bar all around to hang a water bucket on, a split lid and a 1 inch hole in each half of the lid so I can drop a chain through and padlock everything together. I am very happy with my new trolley.

Thanks for that feedback Rebanne.

Is the height of your trolley - including the wheels - about 77cms? And if so do you find it high enough (internally) for the greyhounds to be comfortable?

It's about that high without the wheels. I bought it mainly for moving all my stuff around, but it will fit a female greyhound in it ok for short periods. My boy would fit but he would be a bit squashed. I had an older wooden model for carting my stuff around in but it's past it's use by date so I shouted myself a chrissie present. :D

Thanks Rebanne

77cm takes a Vizsla with comfort.

:)

:thumbsup: Thanks VizslaMomma - should be fine for my Airedale then. Most trolleys seem to be this height without the wheels so finding a stock one that is this height with the wheels works for me.

What ever you do don't get one from habonero hounds in qld.... I have two here broken withing 12 months and customer service was lacking!!!

I've heard several people saying they have had problems with trolleys fro Habonero Hounds so I'll take your advise on that.