Double Suspension Gallop

CrazyCresties

Oh Saxon does that when racing across the park to get back to me for a treat :) I didn't realise it was a sighthound trait, just thought it was him going as fast as he could on little legs lol.

ETA just to clarify, Saxon isn't a sighthound, he's a poodle x malt.

Edited by Simply Grand

as others has said, yes she is. I dont beleive it's particularly a sighthound trait although I think that was said early on by sighthound "experts".

It might have been as simple as in the late 1800's some bloke took a series of photographs of running animals. I remember there was a horse and possibly a greyhound. Perhaps the myth came from there. I've seen lots of dogs of all shapes and sizes doing it, even Iggy Mums little Chi/MinPinX does it.

Done some searching, this bloke might be responsible for the original belief that it was sighthounds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eadweard_Muybridge#mediaviewer/File:The_Horse_in_Motion.jpg

http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/364571/view

Edited by Kirislin

That's a fantastic sequence Kirislin and demonstrates it beautifully :)

Thanks everyone for your input :)

as others has said, yes she is. I dont beleive it's particularly a sighthound trait although I think that was said early on by sighthound "experts".

This is why I was curious, I still see it mentioned e.g. if there is a photo of a sighthound in this gait as 'an lovely example of the sighthound suspended gallop'

Sid does it :)

yes but one look at him and we can see he's part sighthound. :laugh:

:laugh:

I can't find the pic I'm looking for, but this one is pretty spesh.

(I have no idea what's going on).

16096301210_a97d1f6ab1_o.jpg

I had to look for a while, couldn't see very well, and neither could he from the looks of things. I think he was going "ouch! ouch! sand in eyes, cant see...... "

Nova does it :). Only have a photo on the iPad of one half though.

Interestingly enough with a greyhound not doing it laugh.gif Nova was flat out and Brock the grey was just having a leisurely trot!

post-44325-0-86402800-1421310970_thumb.jpg

Edited by LisaCC