Iris 10, Missy 10, Brown Snake 0

westiemum

Thought you might like to see this short video of my gorgeous friend Iris

. She lives with her son Paul and daughter in law Meg in the Adelaide foothillls. We have all become great friends after Meg and Paul took on our most difficult westie rescue Eddie, then a couple of years later took on Missy who needed a new home, to keep him company. They have been the brilliant adoptive 'parents' all rescue services dream of - and Iris has been 'grandmother and westie sitter' to these two beautiful rescue dogs. I'm just so pleased Iris and Missy are still with us. Edited by westiemum

Yep TSD - Iris is an amazing woman - I don't know too many 88 year olds who could do this and live to tell the tale - she's a salt of the earth Brit who adores these two rescue westies and it would never have occurred to her not to go to Missy's rescue. What a woman! thumbsup1.gif

Edited by westiemum

Thought you might like to see this short video of my gorgeous friend Iris

. She lives with her son Paul and daughter in law Meg in the Adelaide foothillls. We have all become great friends after Meg and Paul took on our most difficult westie rescue Eddie, then a couple of years later took on Missy who needed a new home, to keep him company. They have been the brilliant adoptive 'parents' all rescue services dream of - and Iris has been 'grandmother and westie sitter' to these two beautiful rescue dogs. I'm just so pleased Iris and Missy are still with us.

When I saw that on TV, I thought of you.

What a gem Iris is. But how beautiful are those two Westies.

Great outcome.

:thumbsup:

You said it VM and T. I can't stop watching that video - Iris would have been devastated if anything had happened to Missy - and thanks to her they are both still with us. thumbsup1.gif

Iris appeared so nonchalant on TV.

So matter of fact. 'My' dogs were being attacked so I just protected them.

Paws cross for a full recovery for her

:D

Hi all,

Have just heard, Iris is on the road to recovery and will hopefully be coming home tomorrow after needing a short re-admission to hospital. Missy has fully recovered. We're talking about having a special gathering of our usual Westie group to give her our award instead!!! Probably after it gets a bit cooler in March. So watch out for the photos!! smile.gif