My Dog Is A Dag Because......

hankdog

After refusing to go pee all day because he didn't want to get his feet wet he finally tiptoed out on the concrete, he then leaned his cocked leg over and rested it on the tree trunk while he voided for about three minutes.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old girl was tough and could handle the rain but she had dementia and would get it all wrong. As long as her head was out the back door she thought it was ok to go. My carpet has never recovered.

Two of my dogs now would rather have a catheter inserted than go outside when that acid stuff is falling. Tempeh also likes to toilet on concrete and unfortunately one section is on a slope. She often does one of her mega pees the wrong way round and ends up with warm front feet. I laugh of course.

Ernie spent most of the day contorted like a pretzel, dashing to the door,staring in disbelief and then becoming bendy boy again. Miss 11 finally took pity on him and took him out holding an umbrella so she didn't get wet. He stood, back legs crossed with a look of saintly suffering until she held the brolly over him. He then peed for what seemed like 5 minutes.

What a knob.

But but... I have a LABRADOR. Aren't they supposed to love water? *scratches head* I think mine's bbroken.

My Lab loves water, but can be hit or miss when it's raining... it seems that water coming from the sky is kinda scary or something - but pooled water of any depth is FUN!

T.

Whitney (great dane) walks out to the back door, looks out and "nup, not gonna get wet", then an hour later repeats the process, and third time, goes out, walks along the pavers, one step onto the lawn, goes pee/poo, and runs back in.

Harry (greyhound) doesn't even go out until he can't hang on any more, runs out he back, pees/poos, runs a lap or two of the yard, then runs into the house with timber floors, and slips and slides all way down the hall, and does a huge shake, wetting everything.

Wimps!

Fleming is a dag because sometimes he forgets that he's missing a back leg. He usually cocks his stump, but sometimes he'll cock his other leg ending up doing a handstand while peeing away :rofl: It only becomes a problem when gravity takes over and he lands on his head :D

Fleming is a dag because sometimes he forgets that he's missing a back leg. He usually cocks his stump, but sometimes he'll cock his other leg ending up doing a handstand while peeing away :rofl: It only becomes a problem when gravity takes over and he lands on his head :D

OMG MW you just had me laughing out loud! So funny!

:rofl:

Quinn refused to get out of the car in the rain the other day. We'd already gotten caught in it while we were out and she's not a huge fan of water so by the time we got home and it was still raining she must have decided she'd had enough of getting wet. I had to lift her out and cover her with a towel to get her to walk to the house *eye roll*

I didn't think Jingo was a woos dog but.... this afternoon he showed this side.

We play the go-go game, where I raz the dogs up asking if they are ready, then opening the back door. They tear out to the tree and bark at the birds, usually.

This afternoon Jingo belted outside, and I swear he did a 180 degree turn in mid air...it was raining!. He took one almighty leap back onto the deck, and then inched along it's length, sticking his nose out every few steps. Nope, wet there too! so he retreated to the lounge!Toilet will need to wait.

I am loving this thread, we seem to all have quirky companions, and isn't it great!

Di

Jake spent most of the day sitting on the verandah watching the rain. We had clients mid morning and they brought some spare kids so he was delighted to roll around for belly rubs and then back to boring rain watching. There was a pause and he came and called me and bounced around until I got the message and went for a walk. Perfect timing it held off until we got home. Off course he had to be towel dried, well it was that or let him continue to dry himself by rolling around in the giant pile of clean washing.

Edited by hankdog