Toilet Training

PM Sammy

Hoping for some advice here on toilet training regression for Number Two's only.

I have a 13 month old male Havanese. He was fully toilet training by six months - very hard but we got there in the end with lots of rewards.

He is absolutely perfect with wees, but for some unknown reason in the last 3-4 weeks, he is poo-ing anywhere. We live in an apartment, we have no grassy yard, but we do morning walks in the park where he usually does Number Two's.

If he needs to do a second poo in the day, he will jump up and do it on a pillow, or bed, or just anywhere. I have tried to think what might have caused this change, but apart from a week away at Christmas, nothing new has happened in his daily routine. I work from home so we are together, but I can't keep my eye on him all the time.

I have gone back to limiting his access to a small area, is there anything else I can do? Whenever I do see him doing it in the right place, I reward immediately. He is not like a little puppy anymore where the signs of imminent bowel movements are predictable (after meals, sniffing floor, etc).

Please help!

he is perhaps now adult, and 'marking' his posessions/territory with faces/anal gland scent ?

OR he may be looking for somewhere that reminds him of grass?

Does he have an area indoors/on balcony where he can toilet if he needs to? He needs one ,if not .

Go back to basics - and I strongly suggest you do N I L I F with him .. this will be a good thing to give him some brainwork ..and re establish boundaries :)

if you are home - have him on a leash /onfined to one room , maybe?