Amstaff Breeders

kezz05

Hi guys I've been looking at sourcing a reputable breeder to purchase an Amstaff from for some time now.

Given the high number of backyard breeders/puppy mills that are around these days I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend some genuine reputable breeders that don't operate as puppy mills/ "dog dealers". I'm in Perth so WA would be preferable but not essential.

Cheers guys:)

Edited by kezz05

I can recommend Amseraphs Amstaffs. Kelly there has been awesome with me over the last 4 years. Moderate type dogs and she will have a litter soon, the sire just winning best of breed at Westminster. My dog from her is the most affectionate dog I've ever owned. Brilliant.

I can recommend Amseraphs Amstaffs. Kelly there has been awesome with me over the last 4 years. Moderate type dogs and she will have a litter soon, the sire just winning best of breed at Westminster. My dog from her is the most affectionate dog I've ever owned. Brilliant.

I just had a really good read of the Lavoro Amstaffs web site, and I am very impressed.

http://lavoro.webs.com/

Their dogs look like performance bred American Pit Bull terriers, and that is a good thing. Their take on this breeds history is very realistic, and if I was in looking for an AmStaff puppy, they'd be on the short list, probably at the top. I like the emphasis they have for performance and for health scores.

I love the lean athletic working ability of their dogs. I am probably not the best person to get info from about AmStaffs as I am much more an American Pit Bull terrier person, but sheet! these are fine dogs.

ricey

I just had a really good read of the Lavoro Amstaffs web site, and I am very impressed.

http://lavoro.webs.com/

Their dogs look like performance bred American Pit Bull terriers, and that is a good thing. Their take on this breeds history is very realistic, and if I was in looking for an AmStaff puppy, they'd be on the short list, probably at the top. I like the emphasis they have for performance and for health scores.

I love the lean athletic working ability of their dogs. I am probably not the best person to get info from about AmStaffs as I am much more an American Pit Bull terrier person, but sheet! these are fine dogs.

ricey

That's why I like them too! Really nice dogs and the breeder, Lee, has his priorities right in his breeding.

Agree with Ironklad.

Also Lavoro (my choice if I was after a papered Amstaff. Much more terrier than bull type and a big focus on health and working ability) & Rufdiamonz.

What work do Amstaffs do?

They can be great at various dog sports, particularly things like weight pull, dock diving, etc.

Lee from Lavoro does weight pull with his dogs from memory.

Lee does weight pull, obedience, agility, rally O, endurance etc. If you want a dog for all dogsports definitely go for one of his pups. If you want to do tracking or scent sports too his dogs can easily do it. Good all rounders, lovely temperaments and yes not over done in the looks department.