How To Get My Dogs Papers Nsw

Tezzab

hey guys

im new to owning a pure bred dog and i was wondering how to get my dogs pure bred papers/certificate?

i pick my dog up 19th December and received a pick paper (NSW Companion Animals Register Permanent Identification) i was told by the breeder that i will receive a pure bred papers/certificate by mail. it is now 19th of February and i haven't received any mail regarding my dog.

can any one help me and let me know what should i do?

Thanks guys

Edited by Tezzab

A good place to start is to contact the breeder. Sometimes Pedigree papers are not issued until later as the breeder doesn't submit paperwork until all pups are sold.

Do you know the breeders prefix? or kennel name? If you do you can contact the canine body for your state ( or the state the pups were born in ) to check that the litter have been registered with them. in WA it would be Dogs West, in Vic Dogs Vic etc etc

DOGS NSW did close down over christmas for around 3 weeks (can't remember exactly how long). I don't normally register my puppies until I know which one I am going to keep (assuming I want to keep something) - and, I won't make this decision until they are 8 weeks. Assuming they did a normal registration, 10 days is normally the turnaround DOGS NSW indicate, then, it's possible that they wouldn't of had the papers back until early this month. I wouldn't panic just yet, but, I would be following them up. They should of supplied an information pack with their details on it, and as others have said, if you can remember the prefix, just look up dogzonline breeders list or stick the prefix into google.

Also, the pink identification form you've got from the Companion animals register has nothing at all to do with the Dogs NSW registration of a purebred dog.

The pink form is recognising that the dog has been microchipped. You now need to take that along to council and pay the one off registration fee so that the dog is council registered to your name. Its lifetime registration in NSW. Make sure all the contact details are correct on the pink form and go along to council with it.