What's The Worst Stuff You Dog Chewed Up?

kdf

My Aussie is now almost 2 and her worst chewing days are hopefully behind her. I was thinking about the stuff my dogs have chewed and destroyed over the years and a couple stand out over the usual shoes, etc.

A couch was designated as the "dog couch" after my whippet, Dallas, had a fun afternoon tearing one of the cushions.

This is the result of a bored foster greyhound :(

remote_zpsb1809543.jpg

Ivy the Aussie got a hold of my iPad last year and this happened :cry: my fault for leaving it down :hitself: but still :cry:

IMAG4341_zpsmz7dopfi.jpg

The very worst chewing incident involved my kelpie, my car and a full 1 litre long life milk :eek: :eek: The car was never the same and even after cleaning the smell could never be forgotten :vomit:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lab Sam chewed through the wooden fence posts of the back veranda when he was a pup. I vividly remember Mum going outside, leaning on the fence and it just falling and crashing to the ground. No human or puppy harmed.

The only thing Nova chewed on that he shouldn't was the end of my glasses when he was tiny. My fault for leaving them at puppy height.

Over the years - , anything with Dacron, trees, pegs, remote, shoes, knickers, bras, more trees, chair legs, tyre valves ... that went down well with the OH, books, paper, Canine Journals :crazy: , seat belt in a car ... while in the harness plus any food on the bench. :banghead:

So now everything goes up or is put away ... and our place looks like a remand center. It is well fenced and the trees have metal tree guards until they are past chewing the sticky thing in the nicely dug ground stage. :clap:

Edited by Tapua

Penny: an ENORMOUS dildo :eek: that she found at the park. I've told the story before. She found a whopping dildo with knackers attached that I'm guessing had been used by her excited reaction to it. She galloped around doing a victory lap of the park area, doing that leaping bucking canter while thrashing the awful thing from side to side and it hit her on each side of her shoulders and chest as she shook it, making a thwack thwack thwack sound. Then she lay down with it between her paws and started vigorously pulling at the latex outer covering of it. A man was walking by and I quickly proclaimed innocence, telling him, It's not mine! All he said is, It looks painful, and kept walking. :laugh:

Kibah, the whole dashboard of my old falcon ute. We were at the whippet races (at Tooradin) and she was still in the car as I didn't fancy putting her in the dirty holding pens. I kept checking on her to make sure she was OK and each time I looked around the corner at the car I could see her little face watching on with interest, so I assumed she was fine. Then when it came time for her to race I went to get her out and saw all this yellow stuff on the floor of the car. It was the foam from inside the dashboard. She'd also chewed the steering wheel and even reached up and ripped at the sunvisors. I never did get it fixed as it would have cost thousands.

Didi was pretty good as a pup but she did completely gut the insides of one of my boots (which was old anyway) and she also chewed the button hole of my favourite jeans so they can't be done up properly but those were both pretty minor offenses.

She did however decide chewing the weatherboard paneling of our rented house was a good idea. She's done it 3 times and all those times she was only outside for around 20 minutes! She didn't go too crazy though, damage is fairly minor and she doesn't do it anymore but she couldn't have picked a worse thing to chew.

Henschke was a terror as a pup. He chewed shoes, books, ate the telephone, ripped apart the seat covers, chewed the legs of the table and chewed the ass out of a dining room chair.

Jindi came to us at the tender age of 5 months and she was an angel, she didn't chew anything.

Lili - phone lines, cords, a one seater foam couch thing.

Mosley - 2 remote controls, 1 laptop cord and 1 laptop keyboard, the bedroom carpet, 1 mobile phone, a coffee table, a queen mattress (yes I'm serious), various books and paper items, many shoes/bras/panties.

Penny: an ENORMOUS dildo :eek: that she found at the park. I've told the story before. She found a whopping dildo with knackers attached that I'm guessing had been used by her excited reaction to it. She galloped around doing a victory lap of the park area, doing that leaping bucking canter while thrashing the awful thing from side to side and it hit her on each side of her shoulders and chest as she shook it, making a thwack thwack thwack sound. Then she lay down with it between her paws and started vigorously pulling at the latex outer covering of it. A man was walking by and I quickly proclaimed innocence, telling him, It's not mine! All he said is, It looks painful, and kept walking. :laugh:

Bahahahahahaha!

Do not ask what a Vizsla may damage.

Do not ask what a Mareema may damage.

And, whatever else do not ask what a Neo may damage.

The latter two did partial demolition of the interior of two different utes. :eek:

Seat belts, side mirrors, and massive great holes in upholstery.

Assorted Vizslas have murdered sofas, dog beds, blankets, iphones, remote controls, shoes, tops of the plastic container with their food. Bed pillows died and the down spread everywhere.

Sighs.

:)

Stussy was a horror for the first three years of her life and how she didn't ever need surgery to remove anything from her stomach neither myself or my vet know - she has a gut of steel (and has also eaten some steel!). I think the scariest was one of those light bulbs that we all use now (or perhaps the packs of birth control and depression meds she ate in one sitting?). The most expensive was a 6 by 6 foot corner lounge suite. The saddest was my brand new, unwatched Powderfinger concert dvd that my friends and I were in (still haven't seen it). The naughtiest (and most regular) was her eating my doona from inside the cover while I was just having a shower - that has happened numerous times. I used to take show and tell to work frequently as no-one could believe what she was capable of consuming. But dog I love this naughty girl and will forgive her anything!