Dog With Anxiety

squirt80

My lab recently had to gave surgery on a tumor, for the first two days he was gone my staffy really struggled lots of whinging chewing, I took her for extra long walks and let her inside with the family whenever we were home (she's an outdoor dog) and it seemed to calm her most of the time but I picked up our lab today and he has to be kept inside and away from her while he heals, I blocked off our deck so he can stay out with her but she has been crying and howling and chewing on the fence to get to him. She has never been without him and although she's always been high strung, this is new Behaviour how do I help her before she drives me and the neighbors nuts it's very distressing for both us and her, advice please!!!!

...an Adaptil collar uses the pheromones of a lactating bitch that is supposed to create a calming effect. Most people report that it helps bring down anxiety a notch. So lets say 10% as a conservative estimate, it may work better in some instances but at around $45 for 4 weeks you would need to weigh up the gamble.

Just google Adaptil collar and you will get a heap of stores selling them.

Happy to report That after them both being upset at being separated that best thing to do was let them be together on our deck where I can keep an eye on them both and I have two very contented calm dogs again. My normally very energetic staffy is being very calm and careful with her best mate so pleased they are both relaxed and happy, thanks for the advice guys. : )