Saturday Senior

Midgy, Cody & Chucky prove that seniors are the best!

I love all 3.

They bring so much to a home, just by being there. They don't have to lift a paw. We've got a nearly 16 yr old & just looking at her sweet face brings so much joy. More precious than gold. Raving? No just look at those 3 wonderful faces.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm bringing this thread back up. I hope that's okay with HW.

There's a dog at DAS (a staffy x named Betty in Y30) in Canberra who only has until Tuesday 5pm 1 March. I am not sure how old she is but she is blind in one eye and looks as if she has had a few litters. It would be lovely if someone could help her.

My link

post-52367-0-42145700-1456613580_thumb.jpg

Edited by sarspididious

• 2 weeks later...

Since HazyWal is norty and not updating :rofl::scold:

How about a Monday Senior?

I'm SO IN LOVE!

16yr old Poppy at Sydney Dogs And Cat's Home.

Blind and with badges of age honour we all get over the years, she's a beautiful old lady. Loves a sniff and potter.

Poppy-1-low-res.jpg

Everyone at SDCH is vet checked on premises. :) Poppy has some dry eye.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This gorgeous girl is Grace, she's almost 10 years old and is being surrendered back to me after five years in a pet home because her owners had a baby.

She's safe with small dogs and great with kids but not suited to a home with cats/poultry/small pets.

It took me over a year to find her first home because she is black and a bit plain to look at but she's a lovely, sensible girl and very easy to have around. Grace is an older hound but she's incredibly tolerant and patient and could live happily with or without other dogs around.

post-19844-0-61990000-1425696036_thumb.jpg

Almost exactly a year since Grace found her new home, it looks like she'll be coming back to us again due to her owner's very poor health :(

• 2 weeks later...

Damn Maddy I knew I shouldn't have clicked that link - she's just beautiful.love.gif If I wasn't in temp accomodation I'd have her in a heartbeat. Hope you can find somewhere for her and I'll keep an eye out for her too.

Having had a week to settle in, I'm not even sure she's really rehomeable at this point :(

Her health problems are quite manageable (some arthritis that is responding really well to a change back to raw diet) but mentally, she seems to be struggling. Tryptophan+B supplements since Saturday have made no difference at all so far and she spends a lot of time just wandering and crying. It probably doesn't help that I'm at school for several hours a day and she's stuck at home. My own dogs are used to being alone but Grace was living with a stay-at-home mum with two other greyhounds and a couple of smaller dogs so I think the silence has been a difficult change. She really needs another oldie to bond with but those homes aren't easy to find so I'm not getting my hopes up for finding her something before old age takes her :/

That said, she's safe here and I'll do whatever I can for her. The poor girl deserves that, after all her bad luck.

Looking a lot more grey these days

post-19844-0-38587100-1464602009_thumb.jpg

Guest crazydoglady99

What a sweetie Maddy :)

Edit.. because my original question made no sense, even to me!!

Carry on :) :)

Edited by crazydoglady99

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, well it's nearly Saturday....

This gorgeous pair are at the Lort Smith Animal Hospital hoping for a loving home together to see out the rest of their years.

Mindy, 12 years and her son Memy, 8 years.

http://www.lortsmith.com/adoption/1058/141/mindy/

http://www.lortsmith.com/adoption/1059/141/memy/

Arrived: June 14th, 2016

Gender: FemaleAge: 12 Years (Senior )Size: SmallBreed: Jack Russell Terrier

Hello there, we are Mindy and Memy!

We are a mother and son duo who are looking for a loving home together.

Memy can be a little shy when we meets new people and is in unfamilar enviroments, he gains confidence when he is around his mum Mindy which it's important that they stay together in their forever home. Mindy is very out going and loves getting cuddles and pats.

We are looking for a quiet loving home where we will be pampered and loved. Short walks through the local parks and then some cuddles on the couch and we will be the happiest terriers in town! Preferably a quiet home with no young children would be best for us as we love our own space and quiet time.

If you're looking for a pair of well mannered dogs to share your home then look no further, we may just be the ones you've been looking for!

I love that smile! :)

post-14871-0-48467100-1466084741_thumb.png

Edited by LabTested

• 3 weeks later...

Layla looks so sweet, ideally a home with another dog would suit her best:

http://www.lortsmith.com/adoption/1064/141/layla/

Arrived: June 22nd, 2016

Gender: Female Age: 7 years (Adult) Size: MediumBreed: Beagle

Hello there, my name is Layla,

I am a sweet middle-aged girl who is currently on the hunt for a new forever family. I was surrendered to Lort Smith when my family moved house and sadly I could not go with them.

My ideal home would be one with another dog to play with and keep me company, I'm at my happiest when I'm around other dogs. I love getting out for walks, taking in all the sights and smells.

My ideal family would be one with knowledge of the beagle breed and our needs, we are a very unique breed! I would love to be inside and included as part of the daily family going-ons! No small animals or birds in my new home please.

I can't wait to start my new life so if you're interested in meeting me, please come and visit.

Edited to inform that Layla has now been adopted. :thumbsup:

post-14871-0-00516500-1468054199_thumb.png

Edited by LabTested

I noticed there are a few seniors at Save-A-Dog in Vic atm.

Dear 11 year old Euro needs a forever home to spend his retirement years:

Euro is a happy dog and even though he is a senior he has lots of energy and thoroughly enjoys his walks. He would very much like a home where there is someone around during the day and he would live with another canine that wasn't too young and bouncy

http://saveadog.org.au/animals-adoptions/601/medium-large-dogs/1361/

post-14871-0-49278200-1468646125_thumb.jpg

Edited by LabTested