Puppies Bashed To Death

• 1 month later...

The puppy killer has appealed his sentence severity pffft

The judge has adjourned the hearing until 3.30pm today to examine the RSPCA report.

".....A clearly distressed Thompson cried during proceedings, wiping away tears in the dock as he said to his mother, 'I love you'...."

yet it was he that ignored the fear & pain in the puppies eyes which had been taken from their mother then bashed to death.

yay the magistrate denied him his appeal .

"A Hunter Valley man has lost his appeal against his jail sentence for the brutal bashing of several puppies.

Last month Nathan Thompson was sentenced to 18 months jail with a year non parole for killing nine of an 11 puppy litter at Kurri Kurri.

Newcastle Local Court heard he knew of humane ways to get rid of the puppies but bashed them instead.

The 26-year-old appealed to the District Court.

Today the judge dismissed his appeal, rejecting claims he had been threatened in jail and noting that he showed little remorse.

Judge Helen Syme rejected that Thompson was on drugs or mentally ill at the time.

Thompson argued a friend told him to "knock the dogs on the head", prompting Judge Syme to say that did not justify the brutal killings.

She also questioned why that same friend who gave Thompson the dogs was not investigated.

A distraught Thompson broke down in the dock, telling his mother "I love you, happy birthday" as he was led away."

My link