Ag Shows

Lhok

With the Sydney Royal coming up I was wondering if I should renew my local show society membership and if I should look into getting them to allocate a spot for a dog show and/or a fly ball obedience trial. I know next to nothing about any of this but I do know as a child I use to ask my parents to go to the show to see the dogs. Our local show hasn't had dogs for the past three years and I was just thinking maybe it would be good to see back again.

--Lhok

If you want this as an official event you would need to apply to your State Canine Association for approval to run a show etc. I think you will find that the allocation of dated for events is done at least a year if not more in advance of the event. There would be a lot of work to do and the Ag Society whose umbrella is would be held under would probably want to see the logistics presented before committing to the event.

If you want this as an official event you would need to apply to your State Canine Association for approval to run a show etc. I think you will find that the allocation of dated for events is done at least a year if not more in advance of the event. There would be a lot of work to do and the Ag Society whose umbrella is would be held under would probably want to see the logistics presented before committing to the event.

Agree. Unless you have dog people prepared to organise a dog section, I'd suggest it won't happen.

Which show is this?

Coffs harbour and Districts Agricultural show. I am already a member of Dogs NSW so I guess that is a start. At this point in time I most certainly wouldn't be ready for this year. I do like the idea of a meet the breeds or a pet expo like the ones in Sydney but I have no experience running any events and I highly doubt anyone would want to trek to coffs just for a meet the breeds expo. It is hard for people in the regional areas to get access to purebred dogs. There is a show that is held in the local area but it is out of the way and last time it was held at that venue there was a bunch of nasty comments from locals worried about the grounds being trashed. So I thought that maybe the AG show might be a better idea.

--Lhok