What Is The Metal Ring On Show Collars Called?

Req

Sm9ZbQr.png

As circled above, does anyone know what these rings are called or where I could possibly get some? I have some paracord at home and wish to make some show collars for my dogs to match their show leads, but can't seem to find these rings anywhere! I'd like them to be already closed/soldered if possible.

Cheers

If it is openable, like a key ring, then it is a split ring. If it is solid or welded shut, then it is a round ring.

Round rings are stronger, but you have to braid the cord around them. Split rings can be threaded onto the cord after braiding.

You will find heaps of them in large hardware stores like Bunnings, in the chain and rope aisle, or buy online.

Thanks for the information! I have literally looked everywhere online in craft stores etc. for these and they are all way too lightweight or not soldered/split.

I will have to check Bunnings later today :) Unfortunately there isn't a Horseland near where I live.

You can also find rings like that in boat chandlers - especially ones for sailing boats (yachting supplies?) but most ones that have rigging supplies of some sort would have those. Stainless steel too. Or brass.

Just be careful asking for a "brass ring" - it means something else.

https://binksmarine.com.au/store/yacht-fittings/other-yacht-fittings/hooks-pins-rings

I get stainless steel spiral rings from Binks too - best things for holding on rego tags and id tags. well not quite the best things but pretty handy.