Anything Like This In Australia?

Kirislin

What sort of dogs..and how house proud are they ?

there are a multitude of fruit/veg packing crates/bins - all sizes /colours , both new & used ! Cutting an entryway is easy ..and they are easily cleaned /stored :)

THIS sort of thing.....

on ebay - melbourne are THESE

We are selling some Grey Storage Crates

They Are Extreemly Heavy Duty and can carry a lot of weight,

they measure 600mm x 400 mm x 120mm deep

They are Stackable on each other

they are $6.98 each

Price Includes GST

We usually keep about 200 in stock at our shop in bayswater,

but if you want a lot it is best to ring and check that we have enough as they sell very well.

Edited by persephone

I have one of the beds from THIS LINK

If you remove the cushion it's fairly deep if that's the sort of thing he was after.

It's really well made, I've had it for years and it gets lots of use from my dogs & cats :)

they look like they'd last forever but he doesn't want timber.

yep - that's usually the way . Most dogs don't mind if they sleep on a worn out old jumper

Haha! Definately. Dempsey is currently loving the two pairs of old tracksuit pants he inherited! They were meant to be thrown out but never made it past him and we cant bring ourselves to take them off him.

a friend wants to buy something like this to use as dog beds in Australia. Does anyone know where he might get one like this. He's talking about importing them but it will cost about $250 per bed all up if he does. I think that's nust!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231043283951

Whether it is nust [sic - lol] or nuts, I guess it is up to the person and whether he can afford them. :laugh: :laugh:

They don't appeal to me, but each to his or her own.

I now some people in Vic that have them they brought them back from the UK but they are whelping boxes not something i would use as beds as such ,depends on the breed they have but they will take alot of room up

thanks for the suggestions everyone. If it was me I'd be happy letting them sleep in cardboard boxes, which I did use for a long time, but he's alot fussier than me. It's actually looking like it's cheaper to import them than buy whelping boxes from Australia even with shipping!

a friend wants to buy something like this to use as dog beds in Australia. Does anyone know where he might get one like this. He's talking about importing them but it will cost about $250 per bed all up if he does. I think that's nust!

Whether it is nust [sic - lol] or nuts, I guess it is up to the person and whether he can afford them. :laugh: :laugh:

They don't appeal to me, but each to his or her own.

Yes, spelling mistake.

He wants boxes with hard sides, and of a certain size, and they have to be light, strong and easy to clean, he's very particular.

I saw them at Crufts and was very impressed with the construction, the easy clean and to be able to store as a flat pack.

I was looking at them as a whelping box and with the particular company at the show you could also purchase a puppy run to attach to the box, wish I had bought one now.

I saw them at Crufts and was very impressed with the construction, the easy clean and to be able to store as a flat pack.

I was looking at them as a whelping box and with the particular company at the show you could also purchase a puppy run to attach to the box, wish I had bought one now.

many years ago, i got two large wooden Kiwi Fruit trays/pallets from the loading dock of a supermarket...i put lockable castors on them. They were used for under-bed toy storage for my children for ages. Then when the kids were grown, i put a dog bed in one and it became a patio dog bed for our lab. It was fabulous and was pretty much a wooden version of the pic you shared.

There are cheaper versions/options for your friend if he's willing to look further.

I was looking at these guys for whelping boxes - they are fibreglass: http://www.melbournedogcentre.com.au/accessories.htm

I didn't enquire about price as I was loaned one by a friend - made by another friend, it's not timber, quite heavy but easy to clean like fibreglass - sorry I can't remember what the material is called!

He looked at the company you've linked, they're over $500 and an extra $250 if you want it heated. It's still cheaper for him to import the ones from the UK. Mjosa I'll tell him you've seen them for real and thought they were good, that will make him happy. :thumbsup:

I cannot remember the name of the people who made them, brought home some vouchers about all the components but cannot put my hands on them, here somewhere, will have to have a look around, I just loved the whelping box/bed and the fact that you could get attachments for the basic box, cover over the box when babies were first whelped and made a den for the Dam then for later on the puppy run out from the box, of course these were optional extras.