Come Test Drive A Greyhound With Us!

HazyWal

Last Sunday a video was made for GAPVIC with a greyhound walking group we go to at Westerfolds Park in Templestowe Victoria. Max the Iggy's mum tells how she has come along a few times and walked a greyhound to see if one would suit as a sibling for him :thumbsup: He is the cutest little man.

Stan and Maddie make a few cameo's :D blink and you'll miss us. It's a friendly group of greyhound lovers and a few ring-ins lol so if you're in Melbourne and thinking of adopting a greyhound come walk with us!

ETA If you already have a greyhound it doesn't matter if it's not a GAP dog or is not green collared. Stan and Maddie are neither and we feel very welcomed, Kate that runs this particular walk is lovely.

Edited by HazyWal

That is beautiful HazyWal ! I wonder if there is a similar group in SA that I could sneak my Borzoi into :)

And I will have to stop reading Stan's antics outloud - Bosco my Borzoi just stole my apple as I was watching the video :laugh:

Edited by sparkycat

That is beautiful HazyWal ! I wonder if there is a similar group in SA that I could sneak my Borzoi into :)

And I will have to stop reading Stan's antics outloud - Bosco my Borzoi just stole my apple as I was watching the video :laugh:

I have a FB friend that fosters for GAPSA, I'll ask her if they do anything similar. I went on a few greyhound walks with GAPNSW back home but they only have a few a year, here in Melbourne there are walks every weekend with all different groups it's brilliant. This particular group is a two hour round trip for us to get to but we enjoy it so much it's well worth the hike.

ETA Stan says good job Bosco :laugh:

Edited by HazyWal

Great video Hazy & what a fabulous idea. Get to meet fellow owners etc. I would love a BC one :thumbsup:

I watched the next video after the Gap one & that looked like so much fun for the lovely Greys & they get to run off leash in safety. Terrific really & you could see just how much they love to run... It was at some sort of slipway or something they called it but it looked like a Greyhound training track perhaps.

Great video Hazy & what a fabulous idea. Get to meet fellow owners etc. I would love a BC one :thumbsup:

I watched the next video after the Gap one & that looked like so much fun for the lovely Greys & they get to run off leash in safety. Terrific really & you could see just how much they love to run... It was at some sort of slipway or something they called it but it looked like a Greyhound training track perhaps.

Yep they're called a slipping track BCC, they are a straight fenced track that trainers use but a lot of rescue groups use them too. I used to take Stan to the one at Gosford Dog track on Showground Rd but he'd only run up once and want to go home :laugh:

I loved the video! Great for the general public to see ... & to go along and meet the greys.

Made me so nostalgic for when I'd take my tibbie, Angel, along to act as small dog tester for GAP. I fell in love with every grey tested.... & so did she.

Yep they're called a slipping track BCC, they are a straight fenced track that trainers use but a lot of rescue groups use them too. I used to take Stan to the one at Gosford Dog track on Showground Rd but he'd only run up once and want to go home :laugh:

I wonder if there had been a fridge at both ends might Stan have run better?

Just a beaut video.

:heart:

Great vid Hazy, shared it on my FB. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing Yonjuro, your support of greyhound rescue is always appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks Hazy, :) As you know I just love Greys... I will admit some selfishness as I always post the GAP WA greys on my page, in hope that some of my friends in Perth will adopt one of these lovely dogs so Ronin and I can get more Grey-Time :D