The Global Greyhound Walk!

HazyWal

On June 21st the Great British Greyhound Walk is going global! As you can see by the map in the link Australia and New Zealand are leading the way with greyhound walks all over the country :D If you would like to take part please contact the organiser in your state as some have restrictions. Keep an eye on the locations as more will be added and some are not registered at all for example Greyhound Angels Western Australia are advertising they are taking part yet they are not yet on the global map.

http://greatbritishgreyhoundwalk.org.uk/non-uk-walk-schedule/

Edited by HazyWal

• 4 weeks later...

Just over a month to go and sadly there are several groups in Australia that have made the Great British Greyhound Walk a place to push their own political agenda and GBGW have removed them from the map as that is not what their walk is about :( It is to promote greyhounds as the wonderful pets they are not an anti racing protest. Sydney, Brisbane, SA and Melbourne were all removed (somehow Melbourne managed to get back in I have no idea how) and they have now formed their own walks. There are a few small social walks in QLD and one in SA and Greyhound Haven Tasmania remains as a GBGW walk.

Edited by HazyWal

Just over a month to go and sadly there are several groups in Australia that have made the Great British Greyhound Walk a place to push their own political agenda and GBGW have removed them from the map as that is not what their walk is about :( It is to promote greyhounds as the wonderful pets they are not an anti racing protest. Sydney, Brisbane, SA and Melbourne were all removed (somehow Melbourne managed to get back in I have no idea how) and they have now formed their own walks. There are a few small social walks in QLD and one in SA and Greyhound Haven Tasmania remains as a GBGW walk.

Pretty disappointing, hey? Even more so because they tried to hijack the GBGW* for political reasons and dragged in groups who actually disagree with them and how they operate.

Even after I posted on their** event page asking to be removed from their list of "awareness walks", they not only didn't remove my group name, they also deleted my request so that other people couldn't see that I didn't want to be associated with them.

*Which is supposed to be just a fun walk to promote greyhounds as pets, not an anti racing protest.

**It was being "organised" by The Coalition for the Protection of Greyhounds in associated with the Animal Justice Party.