Recent Dog Art

Miru

So following on from my previous thread, I made the definite decision to go ahead and add an Aussie Shepherd to my family - now I'm playing the waiting game for the right pup to come along and time seems to have crawled to a standstill. I'm going pretty nutty without a dog and I find myself thinking about them a lot, and reading about them, and talking about them, and... painting them :laugh: I've done quite a few dog portraits in the past, but they were traditional media (pencil and acrylic paint) for the most part. These ones are digital, meaning I've used a tablet and stylus to input my brush strokes to special computer software which interprets them.

This first one is Piper, a Border Collie who lives where I board my horse.

piper-sm.png

And this second one is the beautiful Leo, who was owned by leopuppy04

leorock.png

I hope I picked the right forum section to share in :o

Aw thanks everyone :) I have a website with a ton more art on it - http://www.toastweasel.com/ I don't want to get in trouble for advertising so please just PM me or contact me via my contact details on the site if you have any specific queries!

This is another dog portrait I did last week, it's not as polished as the above two as it was done a lot faster and with a pretty low detail reference photo. For comparison, Leo's picture took me 15+ hours, whereas this one took me about 4 hours. This sweet little girl is owned by the lady who comes to trim my horse's hooves :) Her name is Taxi.

caroladog-sm.png

I can't wait to see it in person Miru - I'm so excited! Just beautiful and you captured him perfectly :)

I hope that the person who get's this picture of him will love it as much as I do - I can't wait to see their face :)