Walking In The Rain

Yonjuro

Rain, hail, sleet or snow the boofhead still needs his walk LOL.

Just back from a brisk 4km walk in the pouring rain.

I was about to list the jacket for sale as I have had it for a long while and never used it. Glad I kept it as it is pouring with rain. Normally the rain just sheets off Ronin's coat but if it gets through to the undercoat it takes ages to dry and I didn't want to risk it today.

IMG_4809_zpstx51pewp.jpg

IMG_4808_zpseobo4tds.jpg

IMG_4810_zps7bwxuxmv.jpg

IMG_4811_zpszmqmsnkf.jpg

Nova is impressed by Ronin's fashion choices.

[post-44325-0-52202100-1431750239_thumb.jpg

Very nice Nova, make sure we speak to our parents first if we ever go out together in public - it would be soooo embarrassing to be seen wearing the same outfit :D

Edited by Yonjuro

laugh.gif The coat had it's first proper work out last Sunday. I bought it for the same reason, if the rain reaches his under coat he takes hours to dry, and in the cold (and now without daylight savings) it's a good recipe for hotspots over night. Worked a treat with the front chest panel!

My boofhead needs her walk rain or shine or she's a nightmare. Usually average about 4kms every morning, we bought her a wet weather jacket from Pet Stock but mistakenly got a size too big. She looks hilariously cute in it though so I haven't had the heart to go down a size :laugh:

Ronin has his rain eye's on in the second photo LOL His coat really suits him.

Stella is a Hurtta red rain coat fashionista too. Sonny has a black Hurtta. They are great coats.

Unless it is really bad weather & deemed just too dangerous by the weatherman, we walk rain hail or shine. Usually 6 or 7k's a day. If I am unwell or my Arthritis is playing up we do treadmill aka "Milly". They love Milly. Of course not nearly as exciting as a beach trip or bush walk but it does take the edge off ????

Edited by BC Crazy

Um. Do Labradors need raincoats?

None of these dogs need them. As stated, we use them in heavy rain because if the under coats get wet they tend to take hours to dry.

If it's light rain he just gets wet.

My labrador was given a warm rain coat when he got old and arthritic as he then felt the cold. It helped him then.

Edited by LisaCC

Stan loathes walking in the rain, if we are out and it starts to rain like it did the other day he just hits the anchors and refuses to move. He just stands there with a sad face blinking while I try to at least drag him under a tree. They do have a variety of gorgeous raincoats though, these are my favourites :)

post-38965-0-63314300-1431764921_thumb.jpg

I'd love to get Luna a rain coat, but she is normally in the backyard when I'm at work until OH gets home, and even though she has cover he gets home to a drenched German Shepherd because she just loves to frolic. :mad So getting her a rain coat for our walks seems counterproductive if she's just going to go and get herself all wet anyway.

Yeah, as Lisa said its really only the undercoat that needs protecting and then only if it a real long steady downpour. We are about to head out for the evening 6km and it is just spitting so I won't take the coat - which means it will probably bucket down LOL

Ours don't get Hurtta'd up unless it's more than a shower of rain.

They come in very handy when we are away caravaning. Not great having 2 wet dogs in the van. So after a coated walk in the rain I only have to blow dry their legs/feet off ????

Hazy, love Stan & Maddie's coats ???? How funny is Stan. He really needs to man up in the wet weather LOL.

Edited by BC Crazy

Those Hurtta coats look brilliant, especially the chest piece and no belly strap, but are they rather hot?

Zeph heats up when walking, so he does not need extra padding, apart from the fact that he would prefer to walk naked in the rain. He also won't pee if the belly strap goes anywhere near his doodle. He is so blood precious. He has very little undercoat, so gets very wet even in light rain.

Dee has a great undercoat and stays rather dry, so does not really need a jacket, but for heavier rain a jacket makes it easier to dry her.

They both have light weight jackets for walking in the dark/fog with reflective stripes.

IMGP2913_zpsofrqz7el.jpg

IMGP2950_zpsjwzcfsie.jpg

Edited by grumpette