Ptsd Patients Being Helped By Dogs

sheena

Great story.

The urge to yell MALTESE AREN'T BLOODY TERRIERS at the computer screen was strong. embarrass.gif

Haha I concur! But, I think perhaps in Europe they are classed as a terrier, hence why the association?

Oh, and I haven't looked at the story yet, but as someone who lives with C-PTSD I know it's my dog who keeps me alive most days and is the only thing I have to turn to in my darkest moments. He is definitely my lifeline.

Great story.

The urge to yell MALTESE AREN'T BLOODY TERRIERS at the computer screen was strong. embarrass.gif

Haha I concur! But, I think perhaps in Europe they are classed as a terrier, hence why the association?

Nope, they are categorised among the Bichons in the Toy and Companion Group

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Great story.

Nope, they are categorised among the Bichons in the Toy and Companion Group

funny while i was typing that post I'm thinking, no, they're Bichon! Something in my brain is telling me somewhere in history they have been described as terrier. I can tell you I groom dozens upon dozens of Maltese 'terriers'.....some of them are even not white..... :rofl:

I am finally home now and have looked at the article. Thanks for sharing.

Apart from the bubble I climb into for work, my life is pretty much living hell. I know without Gruf I would be dead. He gets me out of bed, he gets me out of the house, even if it is just to 'safe' places. And when I just cant leave the house, he doesnt abandon me. I truly understand the guy who said the only reason he cant suicide is because the bloody dog would be there looking at him. Dog bless him.

Lately I have been having more and more flashbacks. Its amazing to me how a mind can retrieve in vivd detail so many things that happened over 35yrs ago. Gruf is always there when I need him.

Reading this thread makes me want to go out and get another dog. This one? I know I shouldn't but he's so cute and I would love to give and get cuddles.

428430_th_600.jpg

OMG...how cute...go & get him, he looks like he would love cuddles :)

I am finally home now and have looked at the article. Thanks for sharing.

Apart from the bubble I climb into for work, my life is pretty much living hell. I know without Gruf I would be dead. He gets me out of bed, he gets me out of the house, even if it is just to 'safe' places. And when I just cant leave the house, he doesnt abandon me. I truly understand the guy who said the only reason he cant suicide is because the bloody dog would be there looking at him. Dog bless him.

Lately I have been having more and more flashbacks. Its amazing to me how a mind can retrieve in vivd detail so many things that happened over 35yrs ago. Gruf is always there when I need him.

bloody glad you have Gruff!

good dog Gruff!

H